Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness - Chapter 1 (Soundtrack Edition)
De Ave!Comics Production
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
This is the first and only graphic novel biography of one of the most famous musicians of all time — the Man in Black
Johnny Cash was a seventeen-time Grammy winner who sold more than 90 million albums in his lifetime and became an icon of American music in the twentieth century. Graphic novelist Reinhard Kleist depicts Cash’s eventful life from his early sessions with Elvis Presley in 1956 through the 1968 concert in Folsom Prison, his spectacular comeback in the 1990s, and the final years before his death in 2003. The printed edition is already a bestseller and award-winner in Europe, which vividly portrays the unpredictable, turbulent life of a loner, patriot, outlaw, and music business rebel with all the drama and character befitting the man who became a legend in his own lifetime.
Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness
Chapter 1/3 : 1936-1956
by Reinhard Kleist
(C) Self Made Hero.
62 pages | 320 panels | Black and White
Text in ENGLISH only
★ NOTE: the application does NOT contain the actual music tracks, but you will be able to access them if they are in your iTunes Library. If not, you will have the opportunity to purchase them.
★ OTHER CHAPTERS as well as the full comic are now available on the AppStore.
This special Soundtrack Edition contains the following features:
– unique automated 'search and insert' audio feature places previously purchased music from iTunes into the graphic novel animation to enrich this reading experience
– unique integrated 'purchase and insert' feature linked to iTunes allows you to explore Cash's music by completing or building a soundtrack to accompany the graphic novel
– a revolutionary reading experience using kinematics that create an animated path through the story
– page mode to display the original layout of the graphic novel
– go to any page quickly using a dedicated page scroller
– scene mode to focus on the panels of the graphic novel
– simple, intuitive navigation between pages and panel animations
– ability to change the playback speed of the kinematics
PRAISE FOR THE PRINT EDITION:
Winner: Peng Munich Comics Prize
Winner: Sondermann Prize
Winner: The Max und Moritz Prize
"a tour de force"
The Guardian, October 2009
"the man in black has become the man in black and white... a handsome addition to Cash mythology."
The Financial Times, November 2009
"way beyond any stereotypes people may have about comics and graphic novels"
The Independent, November 2009
"...a wonderful read; in fact I found after I’d finished I had to go back and re-read it more slowly and enjoyed it even more on the second reading."
Joe Gordon, The Forbidden Planet International blog, October 2009
ABOUT REINHARD KLEIST
Reinhard Kleist was born near Cologne in 1970. After studying Graphic Design at Münster University of Applied Sciences he relocated to Berlin in 1996. There he works in a studio that he shares with comics artists Fil, Mawil and Andreas Michalke.
Since 1994, Kleist has had numerous comics published by, among others, Carlsen, Ehapa, Reprodukt and Edition 52. In 1996, his graphic novel Lovecraft was awarded the Max und Moritz prize at the Internationalen Comic-Salon, Erlangen. In 2004 and 2005, he received ICOM prizes for Scherbenmund and The Secrets of Coney Island. He has also illustrated books by China Mieville, H.C. Artmann and J.G. Ballard; record covers for Terrorgruppe and Bear Family Records; and, on a large scale, various house facades around Berlin.
SelfMadeHero is an independent graphic novel and manga publisher based in London, UK.
The Ave!Comics format provides a fun and animated reading style, which allows the reader to be totally immersed in the pages.
Thanks to its zoom features, transition effects and other animations, reading comics on your phone is a real pleasure.
Lo nuevo en la versión 1.0.1
- fixes a very rare crash situation in the case where several Johnny Cash songs with similar titles where present in the iPod library
- adds a followup screen
- minor enhancements
Capturas de pantalla del iPhone
- Categoría: Libros
- Actualizado: 14/12/2009
- Versión: 1.0.1
- Tamaño: 29.6 MB
- Idiomas: Francés, Inglés
- Vendedor: Ave!Comics SAS
- © Ave-Comics 2009. Content copyright (c) Self Made Hero.
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 3.1 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.