John's Background Switcher puts beautiful full-screen photos and stunning montages on your desktop. Choose the photos from your own collection on your Mac or websites like Flickr, InterfaceLIFT, Unsplash, Instagram, Pixabay, SmugMug, Vladstudio, Google Photos and many more besides. You'll never know what's coming next - maybe photos from a recent holiday, landscapes from far and distant lands, pictures of small kittens or equally small dogs. If you're having a tough day, just take a look at your desktop and John's Background Switcher will get you through it!
Main features include:
• Show single photos or a variety of randomly generated beautiful montages on your desktop
• Choose photos from folders on your Mac, from iPhoto (old skool) or the new Photos app
• Rich Flickr, InterfaceLIFT, Unsplash, Instagram, SmugMug, Pixabay, Vladstudio, Pinterest, Dropbox, OneDrive (personal) and Google Photos integration
• Media RSS photo feeds (so you can use a great many more photo sites)
• Multiple monitor support (show the same background all monitors, different pictures on each monitor or only on one monitor)
• Switching intervals from every 10 seconds to 7 days
• A variety of post processing effects like grayscale, sepia and desaturation
• Lots of new features in the works for future versions (I have a list as long as your arm!)
Once set up JBS quietly runs in the background changing your desktop and stays out of your way. If you don't love it, tell me what you'd like it to do from the support link and I'll add it as soon as I can! And remember, I'm a real person called John so be nice. :)
This version is all about supporting macOS Mojave and fixing a few bugs along the way.
• JBS now fully supports macOS Mojave including dark mode.
• You can now choose from an Unsplash user's liked photos (including your own if you have an Unsplash account).
• Instagram would sometimes fail to authenticate - this has now been fixed.
• Tumblr feeds were broken in the EU and now JBS is able to parse them again.
• Fixed a bug where a change to the Vladstudio API stopped JBS from working.
• A few other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements (really).
As always, if you encounter any problems or have any suggestions, please let me know!
Ratings and Reviews
JBS is simply the best wallpaper app!
• Great Customization
• Plenty of Service Integrations
• Excellent Customer Service
I am so happy with this simple app and have been using it for years. It works the way you want it, then you forget about it. That is the highest praise I can give it. What more could you ask for in a wallpaper app? But the app itself isn’t the only reason I give it five stars, John really cares about this product and listens to customers complaints and suggestions to improve the app.
Great Idea, Great Choices in app for changing your background. but constantly freezes and theres no way to force restart it. If this app was free I wouldent complain but for $8.99 I expect it to work and it dosent 50% of the time. this app would get 5 stars if it worked properly.
Developer Response ,
Drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'm sure we can figure out what's happening. It absolutely shouldn't exhibit that behaviour so if there's a problem I'd love to fix it or alternatively identify what's causing it on your machine. I have had no other reports of hanging in the last 4 years so it's a first!
good update,sierra bag fixed!!!! good performance!!
my favorite app! yap
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.