Join the busy little shoppers in this holiday story - A Very Mice Christmas, as they search for everything from woolly stockings to shiny ribbons. Activities include: Match game and Spot the Difference. By Wendy Wax. (iPhone Version; by Auryn Apps)
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A Very Mice Christmas is an adorable book that captures the joys of the holiday season as festive little mice do their Christmas shopping, searching for such items as woolly stockings and shiny ribbons.
A Very Mice Christmas is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on the book by the same name, written and illustrated by Wendy Wax.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! PLAY:
- Match Memory Game: Is a card game in which all of the cards are laid face down and two cards are flipped face up over each turn. The objective of the game is to turn over pairs of matching cards.
- Photo Hunt Game: Also known as Spot the Difference is a puzzle where players must find 10 differences between two otherwise similar images that have been altered with photo manipulation. This app contains 3 photo hunt games.
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Character and sound association - when a character is tapped on the associated sound is played.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
- Category: Education
- Released: Dec 18, 2012
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.