Create quick, professional estimates and invoices, accept payments, and manage projects from anywhere!
Joist is a FREE tool for contractors that helps you SAVE TIME, WIN MORE JOBS, and STAY ORGANIZED.
► CONTRACTORS LOVE JOIST
• SAVES TIME - Complete work at the jobsite or in the truck, rather than spending your evenings and weekends catching up on paperwork after a long day
• WIN MORE JOBS - Send your client an estimate before you leave. Be the first to get an estimate in their hands, and give them the opportunity to say YES on the spot
• REMOVE THE BOTTLENECK OF ESTIMATING & INVOICING - Build estimates and invoices quicker by creating and selecting from your list of commonly used materials and labor rates
• ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM CLIENTS - accept Credit Card and E-Check payments from your clients directly through Joist, so you can stop wasting hours driving around to pick up checks and deposit them at the bank
• EASILY MANAGE CLIENTS - Create, organize, and store valuable client info, so you can access their info anytime, on the go
• LOOK PROFESSIONAL - Show your clients that you’re the contractor they should trust for the job; with customized, professional looking estimates and invoices
- Customize your estimates & invoices with your company info, logo, etc
- Attach a client contract and collect a signature directly on the spot
- Accept Credit Card and E-Check Payments directly through the app
- Build a list of commonly used items/services/materials
- Attach photos to your estimates and invoices
- Preview estimates & invoices before you send
- Print or email estimates & invoices on the spot
- Create a personal message for your clients
- Convert estimates into invoices
- Keep track of customer payments and how much you're owed
- Manage and save your clients information
- Set your tax rates
- Export everything into your accounting program (reduce bookkeeping costs)
*Access all your info from any device or the web - Joist is a cloud application
► WHO USES JOIST
All types of contractors, estimators, and service companies use the app, such as: general contractors, handymen, electricians, plumbers, builders, landscapers, roofers, painters, carpenters, heating and air conditioning, flooring, siding, tile, concrete, paving, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, renovators, deck builders, drywallers, pest control, and more!
► WHAT OTHER CONTRACTORS ARE SAYING
"Now I can do quotes on the fly I don't have to walk through the job and write everything down its all programmed in to my iPad right from material cost to cost per square foot! This app is so awesome."
"This app is better than any pc software I have ever wasted money on. And the kicker is joist is free"
► IN-APP PURCHASES
You can subscribe to Quickbooks Sync Monthly for $9.99 (US) or $12.49 (CAD) or Quickbooks Sync Annual for $90.99 (US) or $113.99 (CAD). Monthly and annual subscriptions will automatically renew after 30 and 365 days, respectively. Payment for these subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. You can manage your subscription in your App Store or iTunes account settings any time after subscribing. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Joist is FREE to Download and FREE to use - available on iPhone, iPad, & the web.
Contact our live support team anytime!
In-app live chat
Terms of Service: https://www.joistapp.com/terms
You can now offer your clients financing options to boost your job win rate! This feature is free for contractors, and can be turned ON or OFF at any time.
We've also included bug fixes and performance improvements in this update.
- The Joist Team
Ratings and Reviews
LITERALLY MULTIPLIED MY BUSINESS
When I first started out it was just me. Didn’t know too much about anything although I always strived for professionalism. I use to do bids through text messages until somebody asked me for a “formal bid”....I freaked since I hadn’t a clue. To the day the least, I lost that job. Shortly after a buddy introduced me to Joist.....since I’m not tech savvy, I was skeptical but thought “why not?” Now looking back, I am truly grateful for my friend. This app single handedly taught me the entire process on how to do estimates, invoices, paid invoices,...it showed me the difference between those three, it also taught me in so many ways basic formats on how to bid projects for my business all the while looking extremely professional. Now days I get 90-95% of all bids that I submit all thanks to the joist app that literally takes me 5 min to complete from inside of my truck and from my phone.
Thank you joist! MOST IMPORTANTLY, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS ALL FREE OF NO COST!!!!!
I LOVE THIS APP!!!
I can’t say enough good things about the Joist app! I started out using it occasionally for estimates and invoices. Because of the amazing support team and the incredibly user-friendly interface, I have moved to using it exclusively for all of my estimates and billing. The app has been updated regularly, and each time they have added valuable services that only make it better for my business. I recently signed up for their credit card processing service, and I’ve been thrilled with the speed of payments. Customers can pay online with a credit card or electronic check as soon as they receive my invoice, and the money is quickly deposited directly to my account. **Please don’t tell the developers this, but I would have gladly paid for this app once I saw how insanely helpful it is.** It’s a must for any business, small or large. Thanks Joist!!! Keep up the great work!
A couple of requests.
First let me say this is a fabulous app, there are just a couple things that would make it even better.
Please make it standard to keep a draft of an email when sending an invoice, right now if you close the email it is deleted.
Please make an option for adding multiple email addresses to a client’s account.
Please connect the address line, the BCC and CC lines in email to the contact list. The way it stands I have to remember a second email address as it won’t let me copy/paste email address into the address bar of an email. I frequently send two sometimes three different people a copy of an invoice: property managers, owners, husbands and wives.
Edit: after updating an invoice and re-sending it, there is no option to write another email to explain the edits or additions, the email is just sent Directly from the invoice page.
It would be heavenly if there were a Calendar drop down in the description of a line item to show the date of each line item in the invoice. And so I can search my invoices by line item/date. This would help me match up materials with receipts as well.
And this is just pie in the sky but it would be so cool to have a Calendar where I write down the work I’ve done for the day, for a particular client, and then hit “send to Joist invoice” but that’s just me dreamin’.
Keep up the good work!
- Joist Inc.
- 97.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Joist Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Quickbooks Sync Monthly $9.99
- Quickbooks Sync Annual $90.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.