Create quick, professional estimates and invoices, accept payments, and manage projects from anywhere!
Joist is a FREE tool for contractors that helps you SAVE TIME, WIN MORE JOBS, and STAY ORGANIZED.
► CONTRACTORS LOVE JOIST
• SAVES TIME - Complete work at the jobsite or in the truck, rather than spending your evenings and weekends catching up on paperwork after a long day
• WIN MORE JOBS - Send your client an estimate before you leave. Be the first to get an estimate in their hands, and give them the opportunity to say YES on the spot
• REMOVE THE BOTTLENECK OF ESTIMATING & INVOICING - Build estimates and invoices quicker by creating and selecting from your list of commonly used materials and labor rates
• ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM CLIENTS - accept Credit Card and E-Check payments from your clients directly through Joist, so you can stop wasting hours driving around to pick up checks and deposit them at the bank
• EASILY MANAGE CLIENTS - Create, organize, and store valuable client info, so you can access their info anytime, on the go
• LOOK PROFESSIONAL - Show your clients that you’re the contractor they should trust for the job; with customized, professional looking estimates and invoices
- Customize your estimates & invoices with your company info, logo, etc
- Attach a client contract and collect a signature directly on the spot
- Accept Credit Card and E-Check Payments directly through the app
- Build a list of commonly used items/services/materials
- Attach photos to your estimates and invoices
- Preview estimates & invoices before you send
- Print or email estimates & invoices on the spot
- Create a personal message for your clients
- Convert estimates into invoices
- Keep track of customer payments and how much you're owed
- Manage and save your clients information
- Set your tax rates
- Export everything into your accounting program (reduce bookkeeping costs)
*Access all your info from any device or the web - Joist is a cloud application
► WHO USES JOIST
All types of contractors, estimators, and service companies use the app, such as: general contractors, handymen, electricians, plumbers, builders, landscapers, roofers, painters, carpenters, heating and air conditioning, flooring, siding, tile, concrete, paving, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, renovators, deck builders, drywallers, pest control, and more!
► WHAT OTHER CONTRACTORS ARE SAYING
"Now I can do quotes on the fly I don't have to walk through the job and write everything down its all programmed in to my iPad right from material cost to cost per square foot! This app is so awesome."
"This app is better than any pc software I have ever wasted money on. And the kicker is joist is free"
► IN-APP PURCHASES
You can subscribe to Quickbooks Sync Monthly for $9.99 (US) or $12.49 (CAD) or Quickbooks Sync Annual for $90.99 (US) or $113.99 (CAD). Monthly and annual subscriptions will automatically renew after 30 and 365 days, respectively. Payment for these subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. You can manage your subscription in your App Store or iTunes account settings any time after subscribing. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Joist is FREE to Download and FREE to use - available on iPhone, iPad, & the web.
Contact our live support team anytime!
In-app live chat
Terms of Service: https://www.joistapp.com/terms
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements
The Joist Team
Ratings and Reviews
Do not recommend
When I first installed the app and began using Joist, I thought wow what a great app. It is super handy for Estimates and invoices. However, I am fairly new to Joist and sent a invoice to a customer on a Sunday evening not paying attention to the fact that I had left the option to “pay” turned on. Long story short the customer paid my required deposit via Joist, even though at the time I had not linked my bank account to Joist!! As soon as I realized what had happened I reached by “live chat” to Joist customer service. I immediately linked my bank account and patiently waited for my money to be deposited. 9 days later I still do not have my money. I since learned that anything OVER 10,000 is held for a 7 day period. I have submitted bank statements and Square payments, described in detail my business, what we do, how far we travel, submitted the fact that I have commercial insurance, you name it, I’ve submitted it in hopes of having the 7 day hold lifted. Now on day 9 I have not received any of the deposit and cannot get a straight answer as to why or when I will have the money! There is no “live” person available to speak to me! I am highly disappointed with Joist. Not at all what I would expect.
LITERALLY MULTIPLIED MY BUSINESS
When I first started out it was just me. Didn’t know too much about anything although I always strived for professionalism. I use to do bids through text messages until somebody asked me for a “formal bid”....I freaked since I hadn’t a clue. To the day the least, I lost that job. Shortly after a buddy introduced me to Joist.....since I’m not tech savvy, I was skeptical but thought “why not?” Now looking back, I am truly grateful for my friend. This app single handedly taught me the entire process on how to do estimates, invoices, paid invoices,...it showed me the difference between those three, it also taught me in so many ways basic formats on how to bid projects for my business all the while looking extremely professional. Now days I get 90-95% of all bids that I submit all thanks to the joist app that literally takes me 5 min to complete from inside of my truck and from my phone.
Thank you joist! MOST IMPORTANTLY, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS ALL FREE OF NO COST!!!!!
I LOVE THIS APP!!!
I can’t say enough good things about the Joist app! I started out using it occasionally for estimates and invoices. Because of the amazing support team and the incredibly user-friendly interface, I have moved to using it exclusively for all of my estimates and billing. The app has been updated regularly, and each time they have added valuable services that only make it better for my business. I recently signed up for their credit card processing service, and I’ve been thrilled with the speed of payments. Customers can pay online with a credit card or electronic check as soon as they receive my invoice, and the money is quickly deposited directly to my account. **Please don’t tell the developers this, but I would have gladly paid for this app once I saw how insanely helpful it is.** It’s a must for any business, small or large. Thanks Joist!!! Keep up the great work!
- Joist Inc.
- 117 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Joist Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Quickbooks Sync Monthly $9.99
- Quickbooks Sync Annual $90.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.