The standard Apple Video App doesn't let you play Video playlists. Joobik Player fills this gap, and offers even more:
Play Videos and Video Playlists synced from iTunes to your device! Even watch them on any Airplay enabled Device!
Plus: Create your own Video Playlists on your iPhone or iPad with Joobik Player!
Select any playlist containing Non-DRM video and play it one title after the other. No need to skip manually! No audio-only-experience! Access any of your familiar iTunes Playlists, just select a title you want to play from it and the whole list will play from this point to the end! And plays on, if you select repeat mode.
- Available for iPhone and iPad!
- Play videos and video playlists synced from iTunes to the iPhone or iPad, including smart playlists!
- Instant refresh: Edit a playlist in iTunes and sync it to your device while playing it there with Joobik Player - Your playlist change will be reflected immediately while playing simply continues!
- Play any non-DRM video
- Filter videos and playlists by video type
- Play modes: Shuffle, repeat, play one track / play all tracks
- Play over AirPlay and HDMI Out Cable
- Access the current playlist while playing for skipping, shuffling etc. - even when playing on AirPlay
- Create your own custom video playlists on the go!
- Joobik Player is optimized for iPhone 6
Joobik Player offers In-App-Purchases;
- Playlist Premium Pack:
* Remember playback positions
* Playback while app runs in background
* Create an unlimited number of custom playlists on your iPhone or iPad!
* Access playlist folders created in iTunes on your iPhone or iPad!
* Remote control playback with an external remote
HOW TO SYNC VIDEO PLAYLISTS TO THE iPAD:
Joobik Player does not only play videos synced from iTunes to the iPad, but also video playlists. To use playlists, please create a video playlist in iTunes and then sync the list to your device - Do not only sync the videos themselves.
To sync a movie playlist, on the tab where you select videos for synchronization in iTunes, you have to either uncheck the "Automatically include" checkbox, or, with the checkbox checked, you must choose any other option than "All movies" from the dropdown list in order to display the playlists for syncing. On the "TV-Shows" tab it is the same.
WHAT KINDS OF VIDEOS JOOBIK PLAYER CANNOT PLAY
Please be aware that Joobik Player is not able to play DRM-protected videos. Especially movies and tv-shows purchased from the iTunes store might be DRM protected. Please check twice all the videos you want to play, before purchasing Joobik Video Player!
- Full-Screen Playback when using TV-Out Cable
- Selector for foreign Audio Tracks added
- Continue Playback when home button pressed while not on external display, and background playback setting is enabled
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for making video playlists
For some reason, Apple does not allow video playlists to work on iPads, iPods & iPhones. This app lets you take video playlists out of iTunes and have them work on your devices. You can also create custom playlists right inside the app.
There are a few annoying "features" that keep me from giving it 5 stars.
1. The app does not seem to keep the same playlist order that you see in iTunes. It seems to me that the videos are listed in artist order. So if you have five Adele music videos, they will be played one after the other. There is a "random play" setting but I would still like to preserve the iTunes order as a choice.
2. Every time you start the app it has to "sync" with the video library. This happens even when there are no changes to the library. On my iPad this takes several minutes due to the high number of video clips I have (over 2000). It would be nice if they promoted before the sync is started.
Great Video Player
This is really a great app, giving back the functionality of making normal iTunes playlists containing videos that Apple took away starting with system 8. It's simple and easy to use, just create an iTunes playlist and it will open and play it.
My only issues with it is that when you scroll forward or back while watching video it tends to either pause the video and won't go back to play easily, and it often swipes to the next video because the scroll bar is narrow and easy to accidentally miss. However, the publisher is fast to respond with updates when bugs are found or reported, so I expect this to be taken care of.
Doesnt work for me in IOS 10 - iPAD
Doesn't seem to work at all in IOS 10 - clicking on any of the tabs (movies, tv shows, etc.) doesn't show anything, despite many videos on my ipad's native Video app. Just purchased the playlist premium pack and it makes no difference. Happy to up my rating when this is fixed - it looks like a nice product.
Update on above:
I power-cycled my iPad and everything appears to be working with this app. Now works as advertised.
- Alexander Schukat
- 12.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Alexander Schukat
- In-App Purchases
- Playlist Premium Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.