Joule: Sous Vide by ChefSteps
By ChefSteps Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get access to the best sous vide recipes and control Joule, the world’s smallest, most powerful sous vide tool, with the Joule App. From raw to ready, the app coaches you through the whole process, so cooking sous vide is simple. Just pick what you want to cook, and we’ll walk you through the rest.
The Joule App includes groundbreaking features like Visual Doneness, precise temperature control from anywhere, and a robust collection of recipes and cooking guides created by the ChefSteps team. Joule and its app were built and designed from scratch to work together, and we’re just as dedicated to the quality of our products as we are to the food we make with them. You can read more about Joule and the Joule App in publications like CNET, Wired, Lifehacker, Food & Wine, and Network World.
HOW DOES THE JOULE APP WORK?
You tell us what you’re cooking, we tell you when it’s ready. Making a two-inch steak? Great. Just tap the Start button, and Joule will set a timer for perfect doneness. Get notified when your steak is ready—and we’ll also tell you how much longer it can stay in the water without overcooking.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE JOULE APP?
• Exclusive access to our cooking guides: The app comes with step-by-step guides for everything from perfect fried chicken, to succulent salmon, to the best steak you’ve ever had in your life, helping you unlock the power of sous vide. What’s even better? We’ll keep adding new guides (and updating old ones) all the time.
• Visual Doneness: Choose exactly how you want your food to look when it’s done, then press go, and Joule does the rest. No more filtering through online forums to get the information you need. Visual Doneness takes the guesswork out of sous vide.
• Step-by-step instructions, so you can learn as you go: Every cooking guide comes loaded with quick videos that’ll teach you new techniques and help you get the best results.
• Notifications that let you know when your water is hot and your food is done, no matter where you are. Not ready to eat? We’ll tell you how much longer your food can stay in without overcooking.
• Bluetooth and Wifi control, so you can cook from anywhere.
WHAT IS SOUS VIDE COOKING AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Chefs have been cooking sous vide for decades to get perfect proteins and amazing new textures. But, it’s not fancy or complicated—Joule heats water to a very specific temperature, so you can cook food gently, with super-human precision. The water never gets hotter than you want the food to be, so it won’t overcook.
HOW DO I GET JOULE?
Visit chefsteps.com/joule to learn more.
CAN I STILL USE THE JOULE APP IF I HAVE ANOTHER SOUS VIDE TOOL, LIKE NOMIKU, SANSAIRE, OR ANOVA?
Absolutely! You can still use our sous vide guides and Visual Doneness in the Joule App to figure out your favorite times and temperatures, then manually set your other tool and make amazing meals at home.
EULA - https://www.chefsteps.com/eula-ios
What's New in Version 2.41.3
Version 2.41.3: Here it is: our final release of the year!
- Better Joule software update. Greetings, Joule crew. This small app release is our final one this year—one last push to make your experience as seamlessly sexy as possible. Look out for more exciting updates coming your way in 2017. Meanwhile, if you have ideas for improving things, do share. Happy New Year!
iPad version needs to rotate
Just got Joule for Christmas and I am keen to start cooking with it. I would prefer to leave it connected via Bluetooth to my iPad but the app only works in portrait mode and is difficult to read rotated 90 degrees when the iPad is in its display mode.
Also, the various recipes should have a link allowing you to email or text the required ingredients to someone else or yourself so you will know what to get at the grocery store.
Works perfectly with no issues, does what it's supposed to, and everything is laid out in a clear, organized, and easy to understand way.
One suggestion though, I would love to see an Apple Watch app for Joule! Being able to set my temperature, timer, and the ability to power it on/off from my wrist would be incredible!
Just used my Joule for the first time to try and cook eggs! My only issue so far is: why is the visual doneness egg calculator on the ChefSteps app but not the Joule app? Related: the visual doneness that is on the ChefSteps app makes no sense. The yolk at "firm" sure doesn't look firm. It seems like an oversight. Otherwise I'm looking forward to trying out more things!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Version: 2.41.3
- Size: 46.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ChefSteps Inc.
- © 2016 ChefSteps Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.