Journal Club: Landmark medical trials at your fingertips
By Peripheral Brain, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Journal Club reviews the top articles in internal medicine, and puts landmark trials at your fingertips. Written by physicians, Journal Club's article reviews are distilled into bite-size morsels that clinicians can digest quickly. Think of it as CliffsNotes for medical research. We do the hard work reviewing the literature so that you can focus on what's most important: patient care.
A few reviews:
• “Amazing! I’ve been trying to put a list like this together for years!”
• “In a class by itself! As a med student I love having instant access to these landmark studies with navigation treatment options.”
• “It helps to make the iPhone an anti-pimping machine during rounds.”
• Simple and easy-to-use interface
• Concise PICO-structured bottom lines
• Physician-written and peer-reviewed major points
• Sort trials by name, date, specialty, and disease
• Star your favorites for quick access
• Easily share summaries with colleagues
• Instantly sync for new summaries
• Powered by Wiki Journal Club
Article summaries contain:
• Bottom line
• Major points
• Links to PubMed and full text
Check out Wiki Journal Club (http://www.wikijournalclub.org) for a complete list of articles reviewed in the app. The list grows weekly! And if you're a health care provider with an interest in becoming a contributor, please get in touch with our editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Like us on http://facebook.com/journalclubapp
• Follow us on Twitter at @journalclubapp
• Powered by Wiki Journal Club at http://wikijournalclub.org
• Tell your colleagues to visit http://journalclubapp.com
What's New in Version 1.7.1
It's July again, and so we send an excited welcome to new medical students, residents, and fellows! Even though we each have distinct plans for the coming year, one thing is for sure: there will be challenges along the way. And Journal Club wants to help, even if it's a small thing like helping you master the medical literature.
This latest version of Journal Club rights a few wrongs in the prior version, and makes things a bit faster too. This is just one incremental step towards keeping Journal Club in tip-top shape for our readers. We'd love it if you'd take a minute to leave us a review on the App Store. Your voice really counts!
Again, welcome to all new trainees! Here's to a great first year!
— The Journal Club Editors
A must app
This app is just amazing as a resident on floor for quickly looking up famous trials and their results. A must have!
Crashing like crazy on my iPad Mini 4, especially when I try to sort by date. Also, the touch accuracy is totally off. I have to touch below what I want to select.
Edit: working fine again
Very good app to have for medical profesionales.