Journal Club for iPhone
By Peripheral Brain, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ACCORD, AFFIRM, COURAGE, COMET, SHOCK, UPLIFT, FACTT. Let’s face it: the sea of evidence-based medicine is vast, and wading through stacks and stacks of JAMA, NEJM, and JACC just isn't feasible. What should be at the top of the reading list?
Fortunately whether you're a medical student on a busy clerkship, a resident getting hammer-paged, or a fellow performing your seventh consult of the morning, we've got you covered.
Journal Club for iPhone focuses on the top articles in internal medicine and puts landmark trials at your fingertips. Written by physicians, these article summaries are distilled into bite-size morsels that clinicians can digest quickly. Think of it as CliffsNotes for medical research. We do the hard work summarizing so that you can focus on what's most important: patient care.
A few recent reviews:
• “Amazing! I’ve been trying to put a list like this together for years!”
• “In a class by itself! As a med student I love having instant access to these landmark studies with navigation treatment options.”
• "It helps to make the iPhone an anti-pimping machine during rounds."
• Simple and easy-to-use interface
• Concise PICO-structured bottom lines
• Physician-written and peer-reviewed major points
• Sort trials by name, date, specialty, and disease
• Easily share summaries with colleagues
• Instantly sync for new summaries
Article summaries contain:
• Bottom line
• Major points
• Links to PubMed and full text
• Like us on http://facebook.com/journalclubapp
• Follow us on Twitter at @journalclubapp
• Join us on LinkedIn
• Powered by Wiki Journal Club at http://wikijournalclub.org
• Tell your colleagues to visit http://journalclubapp.com
What's New in Version 1.5
☆ Search: find summaries quickly by keyword
☆ Status updates: unobtrusive messages tell you when summaries are added and updated
This app is awesome for referencing important clinical trials. I use it pretty much every day. As a third year student, I get pimped on evidence-based practice pretty regularly, and this app has been useful in that regard time and again. Highly recommended!
I consider this app a great idea. Save time, gives a brief, schematic but complete at the same time overview of the most important articles. Highly recommended or who wants to keep up with updates.
Can I give it 10 stars?
Fantastic App! Well done. For someone who has to keep up with the medical literature on multiple journals, this app is a god send. Thank you for filling this niche.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: May 24, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Iberri
- © 2012-2013 Peripheral Brain, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.