Journal Club reviews the top articles in internal medicine, and puts landmark trials at your fingertips. Written by physicians, Journal Club's article reviews are distilled into bite-size morsels that clinicians can digest quickly. Think of it as CliffsNotes for medical research. We do the hard work reviewing the literature so that you can focus on what's most important: patient care.
A few reviews:
• “Amazing! I’ve been trying to put a list like this together for years!”
• “In a class by itself! As a med student I love having instant access to these landmark studies with navigation treatment options.”
• “It helps to make the iPhone an anti-pimping machine during rounds.”
• Simple and easy-to-use interface
• Concise PICO-structured bottom lines
• Physician-written and peer-reviewed major points
• Sort trials by name, date, specialty, and disease
• Star your favorites for quick access
• Easily share summaries with colleagues
• Instantly sync for new summaries
• Powered by Wiki Journal Club
Article summaries contain:
• Bottom line
• Major points
• Links to PubMed and full text
Check out Wiki Journal Club (http://www.wikijournalclub.org) for a complete list of articles reviewed in the app. The list grows weekly! And if you're a health care provider with an interest in becoming a contributor, please get in touch with our editorial staff at email@example.com.
• Like us on http://facebook.com/journalclubapp
• Follow us on Twitter at @journalclubapp
• Powered by Wiki Journal Club at http://wikijournalclub.org
• Tell your colleagues to visit http://journalclubapp.com
This version fixes an issue that prevented new Journal Club summaries from being downloaded for some users. Sorry about that!
— The Journal Club Editors
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing pocket reference
It is the expectation that any high-level healthcare provider practice utilizing the highest quality evidence available. Of course, memorizing every landmark trial is unrealistic; the Journal Club offers a great way to quickly reference landmark clinical trials. Additionally, the information is provided in a complete, intuitive, and consistent fashion. Overall, a must-have for those working in healthcare.
No anesthesia section
I was very disappointed to see that the current version of this app lacks an anesthesiology section, despite it being shown in the screenshots in the App Store. I paid for this app with that notion in mind, being an Anesthesiology resident... after inquiring, I was told that the anesthesia articles were now captured under the critical care section, but that doesn't really seem to be the case... love the idea for this app but disappointed that my specialty isn't really covered as it was billed to be...
Great app that keeps getting better
This app is great to look and refresh your memory on the studies. There were not so many papers at the beginning but it keeps getting better as they add more and more almost daily I have noticed.
- David Iberri
- 9.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Peripheral Brain, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.