A leading phycology journal is now available on your iPad and iPhone. Fresh from the newsstand, “Journal of Phycology” brings you a stimulating, high-impact mixture of Reviews, Articles, Algae Highlights, Letters, and more. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the most important developments in chemical research even faster:
- Stay current with the latest articles through Early View
- Receive alerts when new issues are available (opt in)
- Download articles and issues for offline perusal
- Browse issues before you decide to download them
- Full screen figure and table viewer
- No subscription? Abstracts are freely available and some full content, plus a free sample issue, is included.
Founded in 1965, the Journal of Phycology is a premier journal of research on phycology. The Journal covers all aspects of basic and applied research on algae to provide a common medium for the ecologist, physiologist, cell biologist, molecular biologist, morphologist, oceanographer, taxonomist, geneticist, and biochemist. The Journal also welcomes research that emphasizes algal interactions with other organisms and the roles of algae as components of natural ecosystems.
The Journal of Phycology is an official publication of the Phycological Society of America (PSA).
PSA is the leading scientific organization seeking to promote phycology (the study of algae), and foster phycological research and education. Members represent a diverse variety of scientists and practitioners in the field of phycology.
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to Journal of Phycology can “pair” their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP: Annual Subscriptions (6 issues) for the iPad-only edition are available for $299.99 (US) per year. Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Journal of Phycology subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription period for $299.99 (US) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
- Full support for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.
- Sync your favourite articles, un/read articles and push notification preferences across all your iOS devices via your iCloud account.
- Subscribe to Future Article Alerts from the list of keywords in information tab in any article and get a push notification the next time an article is published with that same keyword. You can opt out any time from the new Message Centre on the settings tab.
- The Enhanced Search will now search all content downloaded and cached on your device.
- The new SSO login allows users who login to their society website to access journal content to login to the app using the same login and password that they use on their society’s website.
- Institutional and workplace network users can now register for access entirely within the app without the need complete the set up on their desktop.
- Support for Sponsored Subscriptions.
- Open Access Articles icon displayed for all OA content.
- We have developed a new Get Access feature for institutional users who login via their institution’s network. We have tested this but are aware that there may be issues—if you experience any problems please contact us on JASMobileAlerts@wiley.com
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
- 24.6 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Journal of Phycology (mobile only) $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.