The Lincoln Journal Star provides continually updating news, sports and more local information in this application for Lincoln, Nebraska.
Now runs on the iPad® as well as the iPhone™ and iPod Touch®
• See the latest news, photos, and video on local topics including politics, sports and more.
• Share stories with your friends via email or Twitter
• Save stories to a reading list for offline viewing
• Receive notifications of breaking news
• Easily access the very latest news from broad categories
• Search through thousands of articles stored in the Journal Star database
The app no longer requires a login to access a premium content section.
Branding, minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Too many Bloated ads, CRAP WARE
You should be ashamed of yourself for putting out such crapware. Clicking on app support takes you to the “subscribe now” page.
A Giant step backwards for a backwoods newspaper. iPad app is just as bad, but lacks the former tiles that gave you a preview of what the article is about.
Even worse is the automatically playing of “Husker Journal” while reading the article next to it. And then no way of stopping the auto play, short of exiting the app
I give them the award for most ads of any news app.
Really annoying. Used to have categories by row, even though it had too much husker stuff.
Break it down by category
Top stories - huskers
Local news - huskers
Sports - huskers
Huskers - huskers
Only place that does not have husker articles is the obituaries. Although they should be there for their death seasons.
Look at any major metro app, and I don't mean Omaha, and you will see what a news app should be.
You should be ashamed of yourself for putting out such crapware.
I understand the needs for ads if you're providing the content for free. No problem with that. But, please learn how to display the ads tastefully and intelligently. As your app becomes more and more unusable, it won't matter how many ads you have if no one is using your product. Please fire your developers (one look at the app tells you they have no idea what they're doing) and fix this app.
Links don’t work
Often times the links in stories don’t work. Today the Lincoln primary article does not allow me to see the actual candidates running for each office. This would seem to be the point of the article but The link will not open.
- Lee Enterprises Inc.
- 20.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 JournalStar.com
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.