Create your own story with Journo! From classic journal writing to travel maps and photo books, you’ll be able to document your adventures, print your journals, publish your travels online and much more!
We give you the tools you need to immediately start writing your own amazing story!
Being able to keep a flexible journal on your iPhone or iPad with text, drawings, images, videos and maps helps you document your memories and experiences on the go...
Paper journals take time to write in, space in your pocket and you can’t add those beautiful pics and vids you just took – how inconvenient!
We understand that paper journals may have a special place in your heart – we love them too - which is why you can instantly print your Journo as a map or coffee table book! Customize the Journo however you like with text styles, colors, placement and more to create the perfect printed Journo to treasure your memories (and show off to your guests ;).
It gets better: get your own dedicated page on the Journo site where you can publish your Journos online for your friends – or the world – to see without needing to download the app!
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE JOURNO TODAY?
- TRAVEL MAPS: View and track your route on a custom designed map.
- CAPTURE THE MOMENT: For beautiful sunsets, landscapes and other moments when words just don’t cut it, add videos and images directly into your Journo (we'll even tag them exactly where you took them).
- NOT JUST DIGITAL: Print stunning route maps and gorgeous coffee table books full of your cherished memories. We’ll do all the hard editing with our signature ‘automagical layout’ feature. You can add the finishing touches, then send your Journo to print!
- USE WITH FRIENDS: You and your friends want to keep a shared Journo of your travels? You and the hubby want to write down all the funny things the kids do? Only Journo lets you collaborate in a shared Journo. More people, more memories!
- USE OFFLINE: No internet? No worries! Even without a connection, you can use Journo without a hitch. And when you connect again to the internet, we’ll securely sync your data for you.
- SHOW THE WORLD: Every Journo client will have their own dedicated page on our website where you can publish your Journo online for your friends to see, without requiring them to download the app. You can browse through other people’s Journos, too!
IN THE PRESS:
- Awarded “Best Travel App” by IMA Awards
- “Sharing memories from a trip can get messy. Journo removes the pain.” – National Geographic Travel
- “Makes journaling super easy and fun for anyone and everyone.” – The Gadget Flow
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS:
The Journo App is free to download and comes with a 14-Day Free Trial. Subscribe anytime to continue adding entries to your Journos and to immediately access our Exclusive Content (any unused portion of your free trial period will be forfeited). We offer the following Journo subscriptions:
- $7.00 per month
- $36.00 per 6 months
- $47.00 per year
Journo also offers a Lifetime subscription which is paid for by a one-time upfront payment of $140.00 with unlimited access to Journo forever.
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Journo subscription will automatically renew and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at the end of each term unless you cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
*** Download Journo today, enjoy the FREE TRIAL and start making memories that will last a lifetime! ***
◆ Your best Journo yet ◆
We've taken our award-winning travel journal up a notch. Update now so you can:
* Backdate entries to be as old as you could ever want
* Track over 100 entries per Journo (with an updated map icon for your blog)
Plus we've squashed a couple other small bugs and enhanced your experience in a few other ways. Oh! And take a gander at the new and free 'Journo Exclusives' for all of our subscribers.
Update today and track and share your adventures like nowhere else!
And as always, we have a full-time support team that’s here for anything and everything you may need. Just hit us up at email@example.com and a member of our client success squad will respond ninja fast. If you’d like to reach me directly - and I love hearing from fellow travel junkies - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for all the love and support. We know you’ll just love what we’ve done in this update and, if you do, would you consider leaving us a nice review in The App Store because they go a long way and really do mean a lot?! Thanks for considering.
Let the good times float,
Dane & The Journo Team
Ratings and Reviews
This app is so close to being perfect. The overall layout is eye catching and appealing. I love being able to tell a story and inserting photos and videos where they work. However, this app has quite a few frustrations which cause me to think long and hard before I pay to subscribe. There needs to be the ability to add more than one photo at a time. Adding images is cumbersome and takes too long. My biggest pet peeve is not being able to timestamp my entries. I’ve reached out to support twice and received no answer back. It’s not a huge deal unless you want to create multiple entries for the same day. The map function doesn’t work and neither does the blogging function because the entries are not in the order they should be. I haven’t been able to figure out how to fix it other than opening up my entries, changing something and saving them. Way too time consuming.
If this was free, I would live with it. I can’t justify paying seven dollars a month or purchasing a lifetime membership with these issues still looming.
Support...please reach out and tell me how to work around the time stamp issue. I want to love this app!
Developer Response ,
Hey Kelliexpressions! Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to report that you will be able to add as many photos and videos as you'd like, all at once without having to go back into your photo album. That will be live in the next update, which should be out in under a week. And the timestamping we are working on. We don't have that sorted yet, but we will be adding it soon. About the other issues you have, would you mind emailing me directly at email@example.com so I can help you with those? Both of those issues should not be occurring for you, so I'd like to talk through it. Thanks again for the feedback! We're on all this and work our tails off for you to absolutely LOVE Journo.
It Quit Working
I did a quick look at 3 or 4 journaling apps before settling on Journo. Because we were on our way out the door, my main criteria was could I use it intuitively. It worked well, until it didn’t. I wanted to use it both for keeping friends and family informed of how our trip was going and as a keepsake for myself after the trip was over. Before it quit working, the problems I had were:
(1) I could only insert one photo at a time,
(2) The edit button doesn’t float and is only available at the top of the screen so if you spot an error late in your day’s entries, you have to scroll up to the top to click Edit and then scroll back to spot to make the edit.
(3) When being viewed on the website, the user has to scroll through your entire trip to see the latest entry, but in the app, the current day is on top
(4) On day 16 of our 21 day trip, the website quit working and wouldn’t display anymore of our trip.
I emailed customer service multiple times and was told they would get back to me shortly. Other than the “we’ll get back to you” emails I’ve never received a response from them. Our trip was in July and it’s now September and still nothing from them. I love this method of journaling but will look for another app. I’ve screen captured my Journo journal and have deleted the app so I’m not paying $6.99 a month for an app that isn’t working.
Developer Response ,
I am terribly sorry to hear this feedback, we do our best to resolve any bugs that come up promptly but unfortunately, sometimes it can take longer than expected to straighten out certain issues.
1. We have introduced batch media uploading to entries so you can select multiple photos and videos at a time.
2. The thumbnail viewing option is the best way to quickly edit your entries. Making the edit button more accessible in both views is great feedback.
3. The order of entries in the app is organized from most recent to oldest, and when you publish your Journo online (because this is mostly used for sharing with others) the order displays chronologically. We realize that this can come down to preference and do have plans on making it a switchable option.
4. Regarding your published Journo not working I would really like to get to the bottom of this. Can you shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work to make this right?
Look forward to your reply.
I recently began using Journo for my travel journaling (which I’ve been doing for the past 40 years of traveling). I previously used another journaling app (no longer supported); Journo is a significant upgrade. The app is user friendly although it could use some improvements. I use a Belkin keyboard on my iPad which only works in landscape format while Journo only supports portrait format. This means I have to turn sideways to read what I am entering. The developers have assured me that landscape format will be coming soon. I have had several other questions about the app which have been answered promptly and personally; no referral to a FAQ or other genetic solution. When they add landscape format I will upgrade them to 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hi Trapezemark! Thanks for the review. I'm pumped to report that we have landscape mode being released in under a week, so please look out for that! I hope it's enough to get that last ⭐️. 😊 Have a great day! - Dane
- Journo Inc.
- 125.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018, Journo Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $6.99
- 1 Year $46.99
- Lifetime $139.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.