JOutliner - Outliner
By Sody Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An outliner to organize your life. Create hierarchical lists to manage any project; whether it be a todo, task, or grocery list. See a video of the application at our website.
* Move a row or change its indentation by just touching the row and moving it. Press and hold on a row until a pencil icon appears, then move the row horizontally or vertically and the icon will turn into a green move icon (see screen 2).
* Edit a row by using a delayed touch until a pencil icon appears (see screen 4)
* Edit rows in-place
* Hoist (shift) an outline left and right by swiping.
* Multi-line rows in the outline.
* Quickly add several rows using the 'Next' button and change their indentation without leaving edit mode.
* Attach a fullscreen scrollable note to any line item.
* Change a line font style, color, or size for more emphasis.
* All screens are viewable in portrait and landscape modes.
* Option to Lock the Orientation.
* Optional checkboxes at the outline or row level.
* Option to hide rows that are checked/completed.
* Parent checkboxes are dependent on the state of the child checkboxes.
* Copy & paste rows or trees between outlines.
* Row attributes can be inherited from the parent row, the outline, or the application.
* Undo/Redo/Cancel while editing row and note text
* Uncheck all rows
* Expand/Collapse all rows
* View the manual included in the application help.
* Import outlines in Text and OPML format using mail and copy/paste (see the manual for text import format)
* Export outlines in Text and OPML format using mail without leaving JOutliner
* Search all outlines for the number of rows that match a search string within an outline or note and then continue the search into individual outlines and notes.
* Sync with other iOS devices - does not require a Mac or Windows Desktop.
* Sync with an optional Mac desktop version (requires MaxOSX 10.6 or later) down to the row level using bonjour.
* Choose which outlines are included/excluded in a sync or if new outlines will be accepted.
* See JOutliner manuals for the iPod and the Mac desktop online before buying and download a trial version for the Mac desktop at our website.
Requires iOS 4.1 or later
What's New in Version 1.5.5
- iPhone 5 support
- iOS 6 support
- bug fixes
Hipster PDA winner
Simple but crisp instead of clunky.
Needs modernization though so I can back it up to Dropbox, though the whole iPhone backup handles that just fine too.
Tweak: getting out of a search often takes two Done steps when it should dismiss immediately instead.
I never write reviews, but this app really deserves better ratings than it's got to date. To me it's the best by far, simple, flexible, quick to learn and use. In fact I'm amazed that the competition lags so far behind (and I've tried a LOT of them)
Doesn't do cloud sync but it's one of the few outliners that doesn't botch things up while syncing.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 30, 2012
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sody Systems, Inc
- © 2009-2012 Sody System, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.