By Daishin Ueyama
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JoyaTimerFree is now on the AppStore!
This is a specialized yet simple timer app which I got the idea from Japanese traditional count-down event on New Year’s Eve, so-called “Joya no kane”.
At many of Buddhist temples all over Japan, priests ding their temples’ bells 108 times on New Year’s Eve, every year. The final ding should sound exactly at 0:00 a.m. on January 1st.
With this app, you would know what time should we start a first ding and how often we should by the sound. Also by the vibration if the iOS device has the vibration property. You may tune the time interval so if you change it on the setting screen, the start time will be automatically computed and be displayed on the main screen.
What’s more, you can select sounds of the bell, a chime like sound and a sound of traditional Buddhist temple’s bell. If you’re Japanese living abroad and too busy to go back to Japan for New Year, this app is for you, too, as you can enjoy “Joya no kane” on New Year’s Eve wherever you are !
Also, if you turned off the “Joya mode”, i.e. Joya no kane mode, then it would work as a normal count-down timer. Therefore, you may use it for your exercise or even cooking pasta!
Compass on your timer! You can find north on the timer screen.(Supported device only)
Please find the information about “Joya no kane” on the web :)
- Please set the interval for your ding! (The default timing is set for 20 seconds)
- Please set how many times you are going to ding (The default is 108 times)
- When the “Joya no kane mode” is on, you could see a calculation of timing on your main screen for:
a) When to start your first ding to have your last one (in most of cases, it would be the 108th)
at midnight, 0:00 on 1st of January.
b) To start the timer, press “Start”
* Please note when you press the start button, it would be counted as the first ding.
- You may pause the timer if the “Joya no kane” mode is off.
- While the “Joya no kane” mode is on, the “Start” button will be disappear to prevent malfunction
when you start your timer.
- While the timer is on, your phone would not be on standby power mode, so please be careful not to run out of your battery.
- Please check if the clock of your iOS is accurate. From Ver.2.9, we have "Time correction" in setting pane with Joya mode. You can set the correction by seconds.
- Recommend airplane mode.
- Please find the Time correction function. I added this function because I have noticed the difficulties of adjusting iOS devices’ clocks on the second time scale. When an iOS device’s clock is 5 seconds ahead of actual time, please set the Time correction function to “-5”. To recommend Airplane Mode, networks such as NTP were not available options for its time correction, which made me concern for a while, however, I realized that the best specification is to set time manually at last. Then you can finish your Joya no Kane event perfectly!!
- Please contact the support page (Facebook page) if you find any bug.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
Remove AdMob from the App.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 16, 2017
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: DAISHIN UEYAMA
- © 2012 Daishin Ueyama
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.