Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A beautiful, simple and elegant metronome app packed with unique features. Works with the Apple Watch!
JoyTunes metronome app flawlessly allows you to change tempo, time signature and match the BPM of your choosing by tapping to the beat. Additionally, the JoyTunes metronome displays the "tempo marking" that matches the BPM (e.g. Allegro, Andante, etc.). Use the app during practice (or performance!) time to help you master your piece. It's easy to get started, just download and begin playing!
Want to activate and control the metronome without getting your iPhone out of your pocket? No problem - just use your Apple Watch! Starting the metronome and controlling it is as simple as raising your wrist.
* JoyTunes' metronome app gives you a beat you can practice with, in addition to creating beautiful music.
* Killer animation for a steady metronome
* Easy way to set the BPM and the time signature you need
* Displays Tempo Marking (Allegro, Andante) according to the BPM you chose
On your iPhone:
* Set tempo by tapping your beat
On the Apple Watch:
* Force touch to open a menu for pausing or playing, change the BPM or the time-signature (supports dictation)
* Everything syncs seamlessly with the iPhone on realtime!
JoyTunes apps combine a wide range of music education methodologies with the latest in gaming features to motivate practice and dramatically improve player's skills in an interactive and fun way. The JoyTunes patent--pending MusicSense™ technology, enables players to use real musical instruments in conjunction with tablets or computers with no wires needed for a seamless experience.
JoyTunes has won many awards, including:
- EMI’s Innovation Challenge 2013”
- “Best Tools for Beginners”, NAMM
- "Best Tablet Game of 2013", GameIS
- "App of the Week", Gizmodo
- “Parent’s Choice Award”
- “Golden App”, Apps for Homeschooling
I read on the Wall Street Journal site that this metronome would silently tap the beat on your wrist with Apple Watch. This is untrue, as far as I can see. The watch doesn't even make noise; it's basically just a remote for the app on the iPhone. I'm not crazy about the imprecise plopping sound of the metronome, either. It may be that developers are not yet able to harness the full power of the watch due to Apple's constraints, but I'm holding out hope and waiting for a "real" Apple Watch metronome.
This is a great handy little metronome! I love the clean look! Even the tick-y sound is not annoying as so many metronome sounds are! Another hit from an awesome company! Can't wait to try it on my watch!
Oh no, no, no. Maybe it's not Joytunes' fault, but the beat is hyperbolically unsteady, rendering the app effectively pointless.
It also cuts out and in at seemingly random intervals.
As a piano teacher, I was really looking forward to using the apple watch as a remote control for the metronome, but it clearly won't work (at least not at this point.) Basic functionality needs to exist.
Other ways to improve the app:
- More sounds (the single sound it comes with is deeply irritating to me, but I'd settle for it if it only worked!)
- Silent tapping on wrist, as mentioned by others, would be nothing short of amazing.
- Category: Music
- Released: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: JoyTunes
- © 2015 JoyTunes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.