By ICVT Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Featured by Apple in all App Stores worldwide** *
* One of the Top 5 Photography Apps in the U.S, China, Japan, Russia, Brazil, Austria, Ireland, Turkey and many more *
Put your photos on a diet with JPEGmini! JPEGmini reduces the file size of your photos by up to 5X, while keeping their original resolution, quality and JPEG format. With JPEGmini you can optimize all your photos to free up valuable hard drive space, and share full-resolution photos with your friends much faster.
MacWorld: "JPEGmini is easy to use and will trim your image file sizes without sacrificing quality"
Popular Photography: "The best part is that resulting files are completely JPEG compatible"
TechCrunch: "JPEGmini reduces photos' size, not their quality"
Robert Scoble: "Much better JPEG compression. it's quite remarkable"
- Free up valuable space on your internal and external drives
- Store up to 5x more photos in your online photo account, and upload them much faster!
- Attach up to 5x more full resolution photos to your email messages
- Supports photos in any resolution up to 28 Megapixels, including iPhone panoramas
- Drag photos, folders or complete hard drives onto the app to optimize them
- Stunning animation shows photo previews during processing
- Savings counter shows amount of hard drive space saved
- Share your savings on Facebook and Twitter
- Supports the new MacBook Pro with Retina display
For more information about our patent-pending photo optimization technology, visit www.jpegmini.com.
Follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/jpegmini) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/jpegmini).
What's New in Version 1.8.7
• Bug Fixes
Great, but Slow
I ran all my photos on my computer through this (many older scans too), and saved 27 GB with no noticeable loss in quality. The program is simple to use and is great if you are limited on space (e.g., own a macbook air).
1. I was worried that if I forgot and ran the same photo through twice, the program would compress again and thus lose quality. No worries. It remembers and won’t do it twice. It just skips those photos.
2. This is also the problem, if you add some photos to your iPhoto library but forget to run them through this program first, prepare to wait a long time (hours) as it looks at every single photo all over again. This is not a big issue if you are importing pictures from an SD card. Just run this app on them first. But what if they are on your iPhone? That’s trickier to figure out.
If I could give it zillion stars, I would...
This app saved my website so much bandwidth, and increased its speed by 30-40%. I went down from 7GB attachments down to 4GB in 3 hours (28,000 files). Amazing - no other words to describe it. I could get even better results with loosely compress the images, but I was too lazy since it requires more effort :)
Amazing app that saves you money
In the two years I’ve owned it, that stats show I’ve saved almost 1TB of space. Since I back up, that’s 2TB really. So this $20 app has 'saved me’ about $150 in storage space. Plus it also saves on cloud storage space.