By Christopher Weems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Jumbo Calculator is the super simple large-buttoned calculator for everyone, ages 2-92*. While sadly you can't feel the exquisite texture of its large plastic buttons (and the included solar panel doesn't actually charge your battery), Jumbo Calculator succeeds at its main purposes: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. One size fits all.
· Easy to read and find buttons (you might be able to touch type on a touchscreen).
· Retina graphics for iPad with Retina Display.
· Simple gestures for backspace (swipe the calculator screen) and copy & paste (double tap).
· A smaller version of the calculator in landscape for when you're just too tired to stretch your fingers.
· VoiceOver support for blind and low-vision users.
· Full support for entry via a Bluetooth keyboard, including ⌘C for copy and ⌘V for paste.
If you're under the age of 2, parental supervision is recommended. If you're over the age of 92, of course you're welcome to use Jumbo Calculator.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
• Fixes a bug when upgrading to Jumbo Calculator Plus.
New in 1.2:
• Copy and Paste by double tapping the calculator display.
• Jumbo Calculator is now ad-supported. (see note below)
• Pressing clear while entering a calculation now only clears the last entered term instead of your entire calculation.
• Larger font in portrait mode. (Put your glasses away, the original Jumbo font is back!)
• VoiceOver support for blind and low vision users. (Available in English & Italian.)
• Much improved support for international number formats.
• Fixes a keyboard delay after a period of inactivity.
• Decimal input is no longer limited to 6 decimal places.
• Multiplying or dividing a string of numbers now updates the screen mid calculation.
• Calculator memory is no longer cleared when screen locks and "Clear Calculator On Launch" is enabled.
• Fixes a bug with Jumbo Calculator losing connection to a Bluetooth keyboard.
• Localized for Italian speakers.
***Jumbo Calculator is now ad-supported. While there are now banner ads at the bottom of the screen, Jumbo will never resort to popup ads when you launch the app, nor will it ever have large blinking ads that interrupt you while calculating. If you prefer an ad-free experience, Jumbo Calculator Plus is available on the App Store for $0.99.
****If you are a teacher using Jumbo Calculator in your classroom, email me at email@example.com from your school email address for information on how to receive a free and ad-free version of Jumbo Calculator.
The App Is Good.....
.....But, the ads are annoying.
I wouldn't mind a single ad when it turns on because I understand the need to profit from your work, but the changing ads are really distracting, and I'm sure the developer didn't intend for an app that's distracting
I just restored the old version with no ads because I really like easy access to a basic calculator with big buttons.
I also think when a developer has an update that includes ads where there were none before, they should mention it in the update notes. Saying things like "minor bug fixes" and not mentioning the addition of ads is kind of sneaky.
1977 Called and wants its calculator back.
My fingers work better than this calculator. No memory? No square/root? Fake solar panels!!! Really? Every time I hit the decimal it never catches. For the cost of the iPad, I think a complimentary calculator with some features more than an abacus is required. My iMac mini came with one why not a hand held one on something I use in my hand. Like a tablet. My first 9 volt calculator in 1977 with LED red numbers worked better, and it had 3 memory buttons, a clear and a clear all button. My how things have changed.
Used to love it. Now I hate it.
All I needed was a very basic calculator for adding. I bought an earlier version of it, paying to not have the annoying ads. When I updated it, all of a sudden there are annoying ads that are distracting. I do believe that the developer should get paid for their work. I thought that was what I was doing when I purchased it. I think it is sneaky to to pilfer from itunes customers by making changes in this way.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 22, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Christopher Weems
- © 2010-2013 Christopher Weems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.