JUMP allows you to rent electric bikes in cities across the US so you can go further, get there faster, and have more fun. Each JUMP bike features e-assist to boost riders to 20mph and help conquer hills and long distances.
You can find JUMP bikes nearby right from the app and each bike has a built-in lock so you can park and end your ride right outside of your destination.
The JUMP app allows you to:
- Sign up and set up your JUMP account
- Find hubs and available bikes
- Track your ride – miles, duration, route
- RESERVE bikes in advance
- Put your ride on HOLD
- Report a problem with a bike
- Manage your account and payment information
The JUMP Bikes app integrates with Apple’s Health app to sync each ride.
You can enable integration in the “Settings” tab.
New members can sign up with the JUMP app.
Visit www.jumpbikes.com for more information.
A better ride experience with:
- No Parking Zones - view geofences and associated fees during your ride
Enhanced account management features including:
- Ride receipts can now be seen in Billing History
- Updated Memberships tab allows you to easily switch between JUMP cities
- Add/edit payment methods (helps unfreeze any frozen accounts)
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful service, need to work on accuracy of bike location
This is a wonderful service. It’s terribly unfortunate SFMTA is only letting you guys put 500 in the city for now. Pedal assist is great and app is very easy to use.
My only gripe (aside from not having more bikes which is out of your control) is that sometime the accuracy of bike locations is really bad. I’ve spent 10 minutes walking around looking for a bike that wasn’t where it showed on the map, to the point I ran into another person looking for that bike. Only to find the bike down Montgomery street and on the other side (south) of market when the app showed the bike was basically at the corner of new Montgomery and sutter. This has happened to me a few times where the bike has been around the corner quite a ways or at be very least on the other side of the street.
Otherwise fantastic! I hope SFMTA allows you to Increase the number of bikes soon!
Jump Bikes are Fabulous!!!
I literally signed up in less than three minutes while at Whole Foods in the Haight. I was thinking to myself, I really don’t want to walk all the way back to fillmore and Geary and don’t want to pay for another lyft ride- So I downloaded the app, filled in three areas of info, located a bike, unlocked it with my secret pin and I was off!! I locked it within the red zone of the map right outside my apartment building and paid $2.47- I could have kept riding because it was so fun and the pedal assist is ridiculous even for these city hills of San Francisco- it was that simple to use and easy to ride!! I’m so happy to be a member and part of such a collaborative sharing organization of electric bikes. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app and bike sharing adventure for SF! I will be telling all of my friends and Co-workers 🙌👌🙂
Best of both worlds
Hi. I’m using the app and service in Santa Monica. Unlike the Birds or Limes, I love that Jump bikes are safer and handle bumps and turns like any bike. Having the assisted pedaling is amazing and let’s me power past vehicles with ease while still offering me a good exercise. I love the built in u-lock and its dockless capability. And the bright color makes it more visible by idiot car drivers and to find in a pile of bikes. My only complaints for the app and the bike:
- the screen on the bike needs to be backlit.
- the interface on the app needs some improvement to allow finding essential info (pin and account and current status) more intuitive
Otherwise, this is a great solution over the now ubiquitous scooters that provides a fun and safe way of getting around, with the basket and cup holder.
- Social Bicycles, Inc.
- 75.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Social Bicycles Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.