Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a powerful remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with RDP, VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured and know the address of your computer. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Works with almost any computer and operating system
* Supports a physical mouse! Exclusive feature on the App Store! Important limitation: Jump Desktop does not work with standard Bluetooth mice and requires a specific Bluetooth mouse that pairs with iOS
* New Fluid Remote Desktop protocol supports high performance remote desktop
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Setup as many computers as you like – there are no limits!
* Built for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod
* iPad Pro features: Full support for split-screen multitasking and Apple Pencil
* Protect your server settings using Touch ID
* Connection syncing via iCloud connection syncing
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard: The best bluetooth keyboard support on the App Store. Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys - everything works. Also includes macros for keys no available on bluetooth keyboards (i.e function keys)
* SSH tunneling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support via touch gestures: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA external monitor support: View your desktop on an external monitor using a cable or AirPlay. Jump Desktop will let you utilize you external display as a true monitor (not as a mirror like other apps on the store). Exclusive feature on the App Store!
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Full support for Linea and Infinea barcode and MSR scanners. Includes support for E2E encryption.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Supports RD Gateway
* Supports custom resolutions. Set any resolution you want including Retina resolutions.
* Dynamic RDP resolution updates on Windows 8.1+
* Remote printing: Send print outs from your computer to your iPad/iPhone device (exclusive RDP print redirection feature on the App Store!)
* Drive redirection
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7+
* Multi-touch redirection support on Windows 8+
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
This update adds support for mouse cursor changes. We've also added VeNCrypt (VNC) TLS authentication support for Linux users.
Ratings and Reviews
Now I CAN leave my laptop behind! There is no hyperbole in this comment. I set up a VPN on my home network and complement it with Jump. I have installed it on my iPhone, iPad, Mac Mini, and MacBook Pro. I use it to connect to my desktop (Mac Mini) when I am away from home. I also use it from anywhere when I connect to my Ubuntu file, and network servers, and any one of my Ubuntu Virtual Box VMs. It is a proven winner for me using RDP, and VNC protocols. Since I have access to my home desktop, I can do my remote software development work without having to be stuck at home. The only downside is that I occasionally lose connections. This may be due to weak WiFi or when my OS goes to sleep, I don’t know. But it is super easy to re-establish the connection manually. I think I spent $10 in the App Store and is totally worth it. I compared with several RDP apps which are either free or for a fee (including the remote desktop from the software giant) before I committed to Jump. Jump is definitely the better value on all platforms.
Back to being useful 😃
I had been using this for probably years when suddenly a problem with the URL launches setting window sizes stopped working and all windows were sized to the iPhone screen resolution. I had reported the problem which took a long time to get fixed but it's finally fixed and I can once again go back to using Jump Desktop as my preferred RDP client. I was so sick of using another client that didn't function the way I wanted but it honored all URL variables and sized appropriately so I reluctantly used it until this was fixed. I'm very happy that Jump Desktop is now fixed!
I access hundreds of servers with a separate client that manages credentials but connects via URL launching and changing the means to which I manage those connections and credentials just wasn't an option. Thank you guys for fixing the problem! 👍
Hi Tim - we do care about this feature. I tried the following URL with 8.0 and it worked as expected for me:
Would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with us to help us figure out how to reproduce the problem you’re hitting: firstname.lastname@example.org . Want to make sure this is fixed for you.
As a software engineer I am always sensitive to the quality of software that I use that has been written by others. Jump impresses me as being one of the best-designed and best-functioning software products that I have begun using in many years. The design of its ability to create on my local device an interface to my desktop on a remote host is well thought out and excellently rendered. I have used it several times a week for many years to extend my connect time with my software development projects on remote hosts no matter where I am, be it in a restaurant, a customer waiting room, or anywhere, and it has always worked flawlessly. An easy five stars.
- PhaseFive Systems
- 96.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Phase Five Systems
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.