Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere. Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Jump Desktop also supports our own, high performance, next generation remote desktop protocol called Fluid Remote Desktop.
* Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC. Fluid Remote Desktop uses DTLS for secure connections.
* Supercharged Productivity:
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
* Powerful Collaboration Features:
Collaborative screen sharing lets many users connect to the same desktop. Each user gets their own mouse cursor and can click and point without fighting over the same cursor. Great for editing documents with coworkers, tweaking designs with remote team members, creating presentations together, and teaching Grandma how to clean out her email.
* Remote Support
Connect and help anyone by asking them to install the free Jump Desktop Connect app and share a simple URL with you. It's simple, quick and very powerful.
* Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Full support for tabbed windows. Tightly integrated into macOS's power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go.
* Super fast and beautiful:
Our next generation high performance Fluid Remote Desktop is optimized for low latency secure screen sharing. We also have our own in-house implementations of VNC and RDP protocols. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display.
* Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC and Fluid Remote Desktop
* Collaborative screen sharing
* Remote support
* Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC and ARD
* Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
* Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
* 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016, SBS Server, Windows 10
* RD Broker and Load balancer support
* RD Gateway support
* Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
* Multi monitor support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
* Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
This update fixes graphical issues on High Sierra and also fixes problems with Ctrl keyboard shortcuts. The previous update added lots of new features, to learn more and see the new features in action click Help -> What's New. Here's what was new in the previous update:
* Performance improvements: Jump uses a brand new renderer on macOS 10.13 and later. This results in faster performance and better battery life.
* Dynamic resolution switching for Fluid connections: Jump can now dynamically update the remote resolution to match your local Mac's resolution.
* Wake-On-Lan for automatic connections: Jump will try to wake up your remote machine before connecting (there are some limitations here though)
* Better keyboard compatibility with games and 3D applications
* Horizontal scrolling support
* Hardware acceleration for Fluid connections
* Synchronize automatic connection names
Ratings and Reviews
THE remote desktop app
I’ve used this app for at least five years and it has has honestly performed flawlessly. It connects to our remote server very quickly, no lag time on the keystrokes… it does exactly what you need it to do. I run it on my Mac, my ipad and my iphone. There has been many a road trip where I had to access my desktop on my phone for an emergency file and it does the trick. Oh, and here’s a protip: Your boss is on vacation. You cut out early for the day. If you respond to an email from your boss, he or she can totally tell when your email is coming from your iPhone; it is formatted differently than a regular email originated from Outlook. If you get that email from your boss, you log onto to the Jump app, go onto your Outlook and it’s as if you sent it from your very own desk. You think this would be common knowledge, but I can’t tell you how many people i’ve seen send email from their phones in the middle of the day. Rookie mistake! But, i digress… GREAT APP!!!
Just writing a review as I searched for a while to find a good RDP for my Mac. I tried all the free (and almost free) apps with limited success. I finally decided you get what you pay for and it worked. It connects every time, no matter where I am. No lags in keystrokes or freezing or hanging up unless the public network connection I’m on is very slow. When that happens I just connect via Personal Hotspot and its full speed ahead again. I also like that the app automatically sizes itself to the screen it’s on so it’s full screen when I’m on the road or in my home office with a larger monitor. I work at home and on the road and our company moved to a new business suite that runs in an RDP environment and is used for almost everything I do. I need an RDP progam that will stay up and on all day, not just something I jump in and out of occaisionally and this one works perfectly.
Simply Does Not Work
The install process made no sense, which made me wonder about this app from the beginning. After installing the app I downloaded from the App Store, I was then prompted to install a second, related app called Jump Desktop Connect, after which there were several links and instructions that bounced me to their website to sign in, then back to the desktop app, then back to the website again, etc. etc. After multiple attempts, the app finally was installed and apparently workng on my office Mac. Then I installed it the next day on my home Mac, from which I wanted to connect to the office - but the Mac at home never recognizes that I have signed in to the same Jump account, and will not display any icons for any connectted computers. I have rebooted, reinstalled this app and made sure that Screen Sharing is turned on in Settings. Still nothing - it does not work, and I have never seen such a convoluted mess of an install. Definitely not intuitive and does not work. A total waste of time and money. I have given up and will be forced to purchase another product.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with setting up additional machines. We've love to help you with this - Jump lets you add an unlimited number of computers to your account. One thing you want to make sure is that the Mac you're setting up for remote access is set to NOT go to sleep in 'Energy Saver' settings. It's okay to shut off the display, but make sure the computer does not go to sleep. This way - your computer will be discoverable. Do let me know if you have trouble with this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - I'm sure we can help you get started with this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.