Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
By Phase Five Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a powerful remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured and know the address of your computer. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Works with almost any computer and operating system
* Supports a physical mouse! Exclusive feature on the App Store! Important limitation: Jump Desktop does not work with standard Bluetooth mice and requires a specific Bluetooth mouse that pairs with iOS
* New Fluid Remote Desktop protocol supports high performance remote desktop
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Setup as many computers as you like – there are no limits!
* Built for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod
* iPad Pro features: Full support for split-screen multitasking and Apple Pencil
* Protect your server settings using Touch ID
* Connection syncing via iCloud connection syncing
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard: The best bluetooth keyboard support on the App Store. Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys - everything works. Also includes macros for keys no available on bluetooth keyboards (i.e function keys)
* SSH tunneling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support via touch gestures: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Full support for Linea and Infinea barcode and MSR scanners. Includes support for E2E encryption.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Supports RD Gateway
* Supports custom resolutions. Set any resolution you want including Retina resolutions.
* Dynamic RDP resolution updates on Windows 8.1+
* Remote printing: Send print outs from your computer to your iPad/iPhone device (exclusive RDP print redirection feature on the App Store!)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7+
* Multi-touch redirection support on Windows 8+
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
What's New in Version 7.2.1
7.2.1 fixes a crash when connecting to a computer configured using the old automatic setup app. The old automatic setup app is no longer supported. If you haven’t already, please make sure you update all remote computers to Jump Desktop Connect (released almost a year ago): https://jumpdesktop.com/updateconnect
* New: Fluid Remote Desktop is now out of beta and available when connecting to Windows and macOS. Fluid uses modern technology to securely deliver very high performance screen sharing using only a fraction of resources when compared to traditional methods like RDP and VNC. To learn more open up the app and tap the gear icon on the top left. Then tap ‘Whats New’.
* New: Physical mouse: Official support for a new physical mouse. Visit https://jumpdesktop.com/mice for the list of supported mice
* New: Physical keyboard shortcuts when connecting to Macs: Use Alt+Tab to switch between remote apps and Alt+Space for Spotlight search
* iOS 10 and macOS Sierra compatibility
* Stability and bug fixes
Great, Better than Screens
I was trying to find a VNC / RDP client to connect to my mac remotely. I was a sucker and bought both JumpDesktop and the Screens app. Don't do that, just buy JumpDesktop, its better...stop, just buy it, screens may look good but its not good under the hood.
In short: JumpDesktop does a great job of connecting, and making the connection fast with different screen quality options for connecting to macs. RDP is pretty standard and they make it work well.
JumpDesktop, while lacking in 'pretty' user interfaces, executes really well when connecting to mac remotely via VNC connections. The Grayscale option is awesome, especially if you have your own vpn setup at home (upload speeds are miserable for residential internet). And if you are going to use cellular data you can save a lot if you use the black and white screen quality, it also make the remote desktop almost unreadable, it seams to pick white or black so if you have colored text in a terminal if it is closer to white it just goes white, easy to fix but annoying.
Ive also used the RDP connection with JumpDesktop and audio comes through, lag is as expected or none when connected vi vpn off site.
Better and better
I've had this app for years. It started off playing second fiddle to iTeleport (I needed VNC more than RDP, and for VNC preferred the iTeleport experience back then). iTeleport faded, other apps came and went, and then SplashTop took over as my favorite remote desktop app: high quality video, easy connectivity, faster and easier to use.
Almost a year ago, when Jump released their physical mouse support and added better keyboard support (blowing away SplashTop's), I started using it more and more, especially for heavy typing.
Now, with Fluid, we are not limited just to 1990s style VNC screen compression: it is fast, adaptive and comparable to SplashTop, except with better keyboard and mouse support. I rarely open SplashTop.
One thing left to fix: Jump Desktop Connect does not seem to work well as a system daemon, distorting the screen if a desktop user is not already signed on (or so is my experience on a headless Mac Mini Server).
Issues with Swiftpoinf GT mouse after iOS 10 upgrade
This is still a great app, and mouse support on the iPad is essential for any Windows remote desktop client.
However, I have experienced some issues with the Swiftpoint GT after the iOS 10 upgrade. Particularly with the right-click, which intermittently stops working, or randomly activates screen magnification. The tilted movement which used to magnify the screen doesn't work anymore at all, either.
Pending some fixes, I still highly recommend the app, but beware if you depend on mouse support.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 17, 2016
- Version: 7.2.1
- Size: 79.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: PhaseFive Systems
- © Phase Five Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.