Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
By Phase Five Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a powerful remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured and know the address of your computer. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Works with almost any computer and operating system
* Supports a physical mouse! Exclusive feature on the App Store! Important limitation: Jump Desktop does not work with standard Bluetooth mice and requires a specific Bluetooth mouse that pairs with iOS
* New Fluid Remote Desktop protocol (currently in beta) supports high performance remote desktop
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Setup as many computers as you like – there are no limits!
* Built for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod
* iPad Pro features: Full support for split-screen multitasking and Apple Pencil
* Protect your server settings using Touch ID
* Connection syncing via iCloud connection syncing
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard: The best bluetooth keyboard support on the App Store. Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys - everything works. Also includes macros for keys no available on bluetooth keyboards (i.e function keys)
* SSH tunneling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support via touch gestures: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Full support for Linea and Infinea barcode and MSR scanners. Includes support for E2E encryption.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Supports RD Gateway
* Supports custom resolutions. Set any resolution you want including Retina resolutions.
* Dynamic RDP resolution updates on Windows 8.1+
* Remote printing: Send print outs from your computer to your iPad/iPhone device (exclusive RDP print redirection feature on the App Store!)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7+
* Multi-touch redirection support on Windows 8+
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
What's New in Version 7.1.2
This update fixes an issue that caused a partial black screen to be displayed when connecting to Macs - sorry about that! Other important fixes in earlier update:
* jump:// URLs stopped working
* Redirected printouts over RDP occasionally fail to print
* Swiftpoint GT Mouse: Middle mouse clicks were not being sent properly
* Squashes Apple Pencil related bugs and makes sure Pencil works perfectly with Jump
* Barcode scanning issues
* General stability fixes
* Localizations for Spanish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Italian, German, French and Chinese.
* Linea Barcode and MSR scanner: Adds support for sending configurable post-scan key sequence. Also fixes an issue with barcode scanning.
Well worth the money...
I have no problems whatsoever with this program connecting to three different servers that I have to connect to for work on a regular basis -- a Windows Server 2003 machine, and two Windows Server 2012 machines. Well worth the money, in my opinion. Absolutely a wonderful program, but I highly recommend using it with a Bluetooth keyboard so you don't need to use the on-screen keyboard -- the keyboard makes it so much easier to actually get work done when you're logged in remotely. The developer's updates have only made it better and better over the years. I've had this app for a good while now, and I continually use it -- how many apps can you say *that* about? Being able to remotely connect to my work computers via my iPad, you cannot beat the price I paid -- the convenience factor alone is well worth it at this price-point.
Fantastic app and great customer support
App works fantastically. I have the desktop and iOS app so I can always log into my own computer or a family members computer if they are having troubles. Desktop app is seamless when connecting to another computer. iOS apps are a little harder to use but work amazingly well. Technical support was very helpful when I had a slight problem which was remedied with an update. Highly recommended if you want to connect to your desktop or laptop while away.
Good but not great
I've tried a lot of the RDP apps and this is definitely a good one. Comparing to the garbage Microsoft released is not a fair comparison though, anything compared to that is great.
It's lacking some useful features like sorting and folders. An easier way to mass change passwords would be nice especially when you have to change passwords every 90 days and you have 50+ servers to manage.
Other RDP Apps have these features. A feature that automatically saves URL RDP would be amazing, I'd give 5 stars just for the ability to auto save the URL based RDPs that are passed to it.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 24, 2016
- Version: 7.1.2
- Size: 63.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: PhaseFive Systems
- © Phase Five Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.