Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
By Phase Five Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Best App for Remote Desktop control"
... O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps"
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Multi-protocol that works with any OS: RDP and VNC
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Works on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Automatically optimizes UI based on the device
* iCloud connection syncing
* Multitask with ease: switch to other apps without disconnecting
* Full bluetooth keyboard support - the best on the App Store: shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys all work (Alt+Tab / Cmd+Tab also works).
* Built-in bluetooth keyboard macros for compact keyboards
* SSH tunnelling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Supports all Linea and Infinea barcode scanners
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, SBS Server, Windows 8/8.1, Server 2012/R2
* RD Gateway support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP's printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!) Note: Requires AirPrint-compatible printer
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
* Touch redirection support for Windows 8 and above (exclusive feature on the App Store)
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunnelling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
What's New in Version 6.2.1
Fixed: Crash on iOS 8.3
Fixed: Per-App VPN disconnection
Improvements to dictation on iOS 8+
Good app but needs more
Really seems to be the best RDP client that I've used so far and I've used about 20 different apps trying to find the one I would settle upon. I'm still on the fence if Jump is the final do all, end all, be all RDP app for me. I also really like RoyalTS having used their desktop product for several years which is has great support and has far better prices.
I really like Jump but it's still missing key features especially considering the premium price (which is a little too "premium" if you ask me).
* Jump needs to include an option to include passwords when exporting a config file.
* Needs to include the password when duplicating connections.
As I said, I'm still on the fence on what RDP app I'll ultimately use for good. I think RoyalTS has better features but I don't like that it uses other RDP clients to connect while Jump has the best RDP client but not as many features. Only time will tell which one ends up being the best...
Hard to use in China
I'm an English teacher in China (from the US), so I still use the apps from America. This app -- unless I overlooked it in your write-up -- didn't mention it needs Google access to run. And, of course, over here in China they block Google. Using VPNs only work sometimes. Thus, I blew $15 on an app I can barely use.
When it does work, maybe one time in a week, it does work well, so in my generosity I'll give you three stars. But, in an update, I sure hope you can make some other means of log-in other than Google? iCloud would work wonderfully, especially since this is Apple.
Favorite Remote Access App
This thing does wonders for me. The organization I work for, Only allows me to use VPN to connect to a network. So this app lets me take control from my phone from anywhere. The controls are intuitive and easy to grasp. Writing a review now after actually using it for years !
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 10, 2015
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: PhaseFive Systems
- © Phase Five Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.