Junganew: A Herd of Sounds 'S' FREE
By Junganew, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*Winner!* Peoples Choice Best iPad App | Tabby Awards | 2015
*Platinum Award* | Best Mobile App Awards | 2015
5 Stars | Teachers with Apps
Perk up your ears, listen, and learn Miss Snake’s favorite sound... Sss! Sing and celebrate with our good friend Theo the Tree Frog as he takes us on a sound-filled adventure in the land of Junganew!
Junganew is the first educational series where sounds are truly the stars of the show! Come along for an adventure into a beautiful, vibrant world of sounds with the lovable, audible Herd of Sounds - animals whose names represent a unique sound of the English language! These apps are intended primarily for the use of children 4+.
• Hand painted watercolor artwork! Yes, it was all painted by hand!
• Delightful animations.
• Original music.
• Five interactive mirror models.
• Eight original games.
• Sound acquisition.
• Phonemic awareness.
• Phonological awareness.
• Language development.
• Vocabulary expansion.
• Pre-academic and academic skills.
• Listening skills.
• Auditory discrimination skills.
• Turn taking skills.
• Pragmatic skills.
• Comparative learning.
ISOLATION OF "S" GAMES
Miss Snake invites the class at Junganew Elementary School to practice her favorite sound, “Ssssssssssss.”
• Mirror Model: Copy, record, and watch yourself imitate Miss Snake as she says her favorite sound all by itself.
• Seashells by the Seashore: Help Theo listen to seashells! Tap each seashell and listen for the sound. Then drag the seashell to the corresponding pail.
MIDDLE "S" GAMES
Theo joins his sweet friend Rissy Rose at Cocoon Coliseum to learn Miss Snake’s favorite sound in the middle of the word.
• Dress Up: Help choose accessories to complete Rissy Rose’s outfit. Tap and drag the corresponding accessory to Rissy Rose to complete her costume.
END "S" GAMES
Theo plays at the Funhouse with Ferris the Monkey learning Miss Snake’s favorite sound at the end of the word.
• Balloon Pops: Pop the balloons that rhyme with words ending with Miss Snake’s favorite sound. Tap the balloon that rhymes with Ferris the monkey’s target word.
In the Paid version of the app . . .
BEGINNING "S" GAMES
Theo visits his good friend Sal A. Mander at Sand Central Station to learn Miss Snake’s favorite sound at the beginning of the word.
• Hide and Seek: Listen for clues to help Sal A. Mander find Theo! Tap Sal A. Mander to listen for his clue. Tap the target response to find Theo.
• Mirror Model: Imitate Sal A. Mander as he says Miss Snake’s sound at the beginning of the word.
• Mirror Model: Imitate Rissy Rose as she says Miss Snake’s sound in the middle of the word.
• Two-hand Tracing: Use both hands to trace fun pictures representing Miss Snake’s sound in the middle of the word. Choose a color on both sides of the screen. Trace the dashes with both hands at the same time to create the desired item.
• Mirror Model: Imitate Ferris the Monkey as he says Miss Snake’s sound at the end of the word.
• Guess the Goose: Tap the target duck that represents Mother’s Gosling’s description.
VOICING THE "S" SOUND
Dance with Theo and his favorite band The Vocal Chords! Learn how to buzz Miss Snake’s favorite sound!
• Mirror Model: Imitate both Miss Snake and Bea Z. Bee as they slither and buzz their sounds.
Theo cooks with his friend Skeeter Skunk at The Blender Express where we blend Miss Snake’s sound with other sounds.
• Blender Cookies: Help Theo blend Miss Snake’s sound at the beginning of the word to create yummy, fun-shaped cookies. Tap the chips in the bowls. Drag the chips to the blender to hear the new blended sound. Once the cookie comes out of the oven, feed Theo the cookies.
• Blender Cupcakes: Add more toppings to the cupcakes, and learn your plurals by blending Miss Snake’s sound at the end of the word. Tap each cupcake to identify the topping. Tap the matching toppings in the jars and bowls to identify the plurals. Drag the toppings to the corresponding cupcake.
What's New in Version 1.1.3
- Updated for iOS 10
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Disappointing but had potential
Pros: nicely done for the single sound for S.
Cons: settings don't work
No option other than S