Jungle Disk puts you in control of your data – providing a simple way to backup and access your data from anywhere – even your iPhone or iPad!
With Jungle Disk for iPhone and iPad, you can:
- Securely access and manage your stored data from anywhere
- View documents, spreadsheets, photos, videos and more
- Upload photos and videos to your Jungle Disk account
- Share your files as e-mail attachments
Get peace of mind and securely store, backup, sync and share your data.
- Fix photos/video upload issues
Ratings and Reviews
No crashing, but lacking functionality
I'm a long-term customer of JungleDisk and was excited to see this application. Unlike other reviewers, I have had no issue with crashing. I can access my data just fine.
But what is the point of accessing your backups if you can retrieve files from them. While the viewer works most of the time for images, PDFs, Word files (but not open office files), you can't download to open in iBooks, Docs to Go, etc. You also can sen them by email. Only for photos can you sen by email.
You should be able to send the files to other application on your phone. That would make this truly useful to me.
Needs work but functionality is there
Couple of quirky things with this app
1. If you are setting up a new disk/account you must use the "legacy" format. Default desktop backups will not show up on your phone
2. I used this app to backup around 30gb of photos. I've got one folder with 1600 or so images and I would like to be able to browse this folder using thumbnails. No workie, app downloads like one thumbnail and then stops.
I hope issue #2 is addressed soon. JD engineers why don't u cache the thumbnails on the phone? In addition to creating the thumbnail at image upload instead of on the fly.
No real problems here
Not sure why people have problems but it works fine for me and fast over a good wifi network. It states many times that if you loose your password you are out of luck because of their high security, so people are just dumb for not taking the proper measures. I would however like to be able to upload more than 1 picture at a time and maybe even upload documents besides just pictures from my phone. Also a retina display icon would be nice since its the only app I have now that is lacking it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.