* Featured by Apple in "What's Hot", "New & Noteworthy" and "Apps for Learning Math”
* Featured by the New York Times
* Chosen by Apple for school and educator demos
* TOP 10 OUTSTANDING App developer --www.TeachersWithApps.com
* "It’s a terrific app." --www. theiphoneMom.com
* "This app is a great way to learn fractions." --www.padGadget.com
* "A trio of stellar apps…His choice of topics couldn't be better” -- www.TeachersWithApps.com
* Talking fractions teaches kids how to say fractions in multiple languages
Jungle Fractions is an engaging, easy to use educational app that teaches kids fractions in multiple languages. For iPad only.
● Multi-lingual talking app
● Animal faces smile and roar in a fun jungle theme
● Unlimited fresh problems every time
● Multiple levels for beginner to advanced learners
Easy to Use
● Beautiful, easy to read graphics and fraction pies
● Visual pies simplify fraction concepts
● Switch languages easily within the app
● Tutorials for beginners
● Name, compare, add and multiply fractions visually
● Convert fractions between improper and mixed format
● Score tracks progress
● Multi-user support
● Show history of problems
-optimizations for iOS 12.0
Ratings and Reviews
It would be nice if there was the option to remove the jungle theme for older students. I like the interactive component & the spoken reinforcement, but upper elementary students - who are the ones needing the review - find it patronizing.
Developer Response ,
The ability to hide the animal face (and turn off the jungle sounds) was added in version 4.10, which was released March 8, 2013
Fun educational app
This is a great app with different games that correspond different levels of learning. Beginners can start out simply naming the fraction displayed, then move on to comparing, converting, and multiplying.
It's fun and engaging. There is a setting for a "congratulations" message, when you get five-in-a-row correct, which is our daughter's goal for each game (and the only change I'd like would be to be able to increase that number).
Developer Response ,
The ability to customize the number of consecutive correct answers for the Congratulations screen was added in version 7.35, which was released March 5, 2015
This app is so amazing! I do after school math tutoring and the students loved reviewing fraction knowledge with this app! I also used it with my 10 year old daughter the other day to help her with mixed and improper fractions...she got it so fast! Thanks Andrew!! ---- Staci Wolfe
- Andrew Short
- 56.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 Andrew Short
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.