By Pixbits SRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Junk Jack is a 2D sandbox game where you can explore, build your home and survive in random procedurally generated worlds full of monsters, treasures and hidden secrets!
What the press says:
"A Wonderful Free-Roam Game with an Irresistible Pixel Aesthetic"
"It has charm in spades. While it isn't the first 2D sandbox building game out there, it is a particularly attractive one, sporting crisp pixel art and gorgeous lighting effects. "
"Junk Jack is a hands-down, no questions asked must-own for any and all iOS users who love sandbox crafting games."
"Junk Jack isn't Minecraft, nor does it feel like it needs to be as its 2D world provides the same level of novel exploration fun while presenting challenges of its own to overcome; a tightly balanced free form experience that's only going to get better with time."
Join our forum (http://forum.pixbits.com) and help us to improve our game, and share your creations!
* retro style pixel art!
* beautiful sound tracks from Bright Primate
* intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything!
* dynamic day/night cycle
* never get lost with customizable signs
* advanced farming system with more than 30 different plant types
* 135+ recipes for cookable foods!
* tint cloth blocks with 15 color dyes
* underground biomes with unique graphic style and monsters.
* placeable and throwable explosives that can destroy buildings, landscapes and monsters!
* critters and enemies to fight (more than 60 different mobs!)
* a fully featured lighting system together with many different sources of light and global lighting
* 3 slots for infinite worlds that you can generate and explore, every world is different from any other!
* procedural generation which creates beautiful worlds with plants, caves, different biomes all around the world
* a double layered world which allows to customize background and foreground of your creations
* many ores and shiny gems to help your adventure
* many hidden containers full of treasures
* more than 1000 treasures!
* more than 600 crafts!
* more than 380 block types
* many elements to decorate your houses (like sofas, tables, wardrobes, paintings, statues and many others)
* an in-game discoverable book to teach you how to play and the recipes available
* shelfs to place items around just to make your buildings shine
* minimap (with a really zoomed out feature to allow you to share your creations)
* runs fine on older gen hardware
We would like to thank Notch! He developed our bigger indie brother Minecraft, without which this game would not exist.
If you need help, please contact us!
What's New in Version 1.2.4
The St. Valentine update is here!
Check out the new cool features, hidden statues, and rare chests.
This is a minor update, all our resources right now are focused towards the Junk Jack sequel we're developing.
Check out our blog for more news!
• Removed Christmas theme and mobs
• New St. Valentine bunny!
• New rare St. Valentine Chest
• New St. Valentine Bow
• New St. Valentine Arrows
• Tiny consumable St Valentine hearts can be found in the world
• New rare Spider statue
• New rare Stone Golem statue
• New rare Worm statue
• New rare Mummy Pharaoh statue
• Falling on blocks will make the correct block sound
• The inventory outline for the cactus is now correct
• It’s possible to hold on an item in a craftbook page to open its craft page (if it’s craftable)
• It’s possible to hold on an addon label in a craftbook page to open its craft page
• Player doesn’t get stuck inside blocks anymore when placing blocks on him
• Wrapped ribbon decoration can now be placed on blocks adjacent to player
• Jungle tree now makes the right sound when hit
I know many people have a ton of problems and requests for Junk Jack, but it's simply not very possible. The developers have extremely little space to add things before it would drop support for older devices, and that is also exactly what expanding the screen for iPhone/iPod 5 would do.
Because of this, Pixbits will stop adding content to this app and develop a much, much better app, Junk Jack 2 (the name is not for sure yet). It will fix many of your problems - it will probably increase world size, maybe let you have more worlds, and definitely support iPhone/iPod 5 screens. It will also add many things - armor, multiplayer, clothes, possibly liquids, completely redone graphics, and so much more.
This will all come at a price though, since Junk Jack 2 will need to be bought (even if you have Junk Jack, it will still cost money), and it won't support older devices (it should support iPod 4+, iPhone 3G+ (?), and all iPads), although the old Junk Jack will still be on the app store for the older devices.
The release date of Junk Jack 2 is unknown, but it will probably be released around late spring/early summer 2013.
This game is amazing, along with the developers who made it. There is also an amazing community you should definitely join if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or if you just want to talk about Junk Jack.
5 stars, no doubt.
First things first, I personally think this is one of the best games in the App Store and my iPhone I bought recently is the second Apple device I've owned that I've downloaded this game on. Countless hours of fun and personalization, it's just fun and way too easy to waste large chunks of time with.
I have a recommendation for gameplay though. I like how in Terraria you can move around and perform actions such as mining or building, simultaneously. I understand duel joysticks via iPhone games don't typically work out well but I think it is definitely possible. Just look at the game Deep World, also in the App Store. I see you guys are working on a sequel to Junk Jack currently so I doubt we'll get an update with the duel joystick configuration but if it could be incorporated into Junk Jack 2, I think that would be amazing.
In all, regardless of what I've said so far, awesome game. Love it. I'd recommend anyone who enjoys the usual suspect comparisons, Minecraft or Terraria, etc and can't go a moment without playing either, to buy Junk Jack. It's a very good game and its obvious, with the attention to detail that the producers of this game have put into Junk Jack that they actually care about quality and about what they actually put into the App Store. That's why I'm even bothering to post this book of a review to begin with. Anyways, long story short, 5 stars. Me gusta mucho.
This is absolutely the best game I have ever played!!!!! I've always wanted to play terraria, but the pc download was way too confusing and hard. But this is soo easy to play, it's like an easy portable terraria, but in its own ways, it is totally different. I'd like for some new things like enchanted swords/weapons like in terrari. Also some armor slots, or clothing slots to customize the avatar. Like shirts to diamond chest plates. Maybe some new ores and new items. You could make items that did special magical things, like destroy rows of blocks or making you run faster, or even making you fly. You could add an outer space biome where if you go high enough, you can reach space. Floating island would be cool. Water/rivers would be cool. If you could make boats to go with rivers and island in the water. You could add a button on the menu, where you could costumize your avatar with clothes, texture packs, and color changes. You could make the choice of girl/boy avatars.(I'm a girl) You could let more use of flowers by letting you put them in your hair. These are some ideas, sorry if its too much and I'm getting over my head, but I just want to make things awesome for pixbits, but this game is already awesome without those things.
Sincerely, Ariane T
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 14, 2013
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pixbits SRL
- © 2012 Pixbits
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete CraftBook$0.99
- Frost Ninja Hat$0.99
- Santa Hat$0.99
- Botanist Hat$0.99
- Slime Hat$0.99
- Breeding Hat$0.99
- Jazon Hat$0.99
- Robin Hood Hat$0.99
- Chef Hat$0.99
- Golden Logo$2.99