Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices. You can even start a new recording completely hands-free with Siri!
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• Use a Siri Shortcut to start a new recording.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Edit your transcriptions right inside the app.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
• Dark Mode makes the app more comfortable to use in the dark.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication, or just ask Siri!
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Not going to mince words here-but I do not regret purchasing this app at all! I’m blind as a bat but I was able to figure this app out after I downloaded it a few days ago. It met my expectations. It’s really cool & thoughtful of the app developers to make sure that it’s fully supported by voiceover. Too bad not many developers Think about people like me who have a disability. It’s user-friendly and like I said well worth the price. Just have a few suggestions-In future updates maybe it would be possible to make categories for the recordings. Create folders within folders. Append to existing recordings even if some time has passed before you decide to add to the recording. Add more export options. Make more import options. Lastly, add more to the languages selection. I’m Filipino and sometimes I have to dictate or talk to someone or record a conversation in Filipino but it’s not supported. Otherwise it’s a great app and you guys did a good job. Kudos and a big thumbs up! Hope you’ll hear my suggestions out and consider them. Have a great day!😃😉
Great! Simple and works
It's great to finally have an excellent app that works transcribes accurately from voice recognition. No time limits with control over the recording with start, pause, stop so I don't feel rushed while I'm dictating and thinking. I've tried several similar apps over the years and had given up - because others have been inaccurate, too much a hassle to use, copy/paste only - no export, or time limits, auto off too quickly, etc.
Seriously useful features. This has no learning curve - except on the Watch to pause. It's powerful, simple, and well connected to other apps for export as both audio and transcribed/text file! Very much appreciate that you can pause and continue on the same recording/file - so you don't have to deal with the tedium of piecing fragments together.
Watch app! I have it on my Watch face. It starts recording as soon as it launches. It's even easier to use than the on the phone. It will save on the Watch to sync with the phone when it's near.
Request: iOS file deletion with a swipe, not 2 pop-up presses per file, and an option to 'delete all' - like the Watch app. Because with regular app use the files stack up quickly.
Thank you for a great app! And for maintaining it.
Great but more organization options missing
Overall great app. I do wish there were more options for organizing recordings other than just in folders by date. I would like to keep separate folders for personal and work with the ability to have nested folders for each or tags. For instance, saving a recording regarding Client A could be saved in work>client a>date or project. Or it could be saved in my Work folder and be tagged “client a” with additional tags as needed. Using tags you could also flag recordings that you need to follow up on with additional information or recordings that you need to share with others once the transcription is checked, etc. Organizing recordings by date may be helpful for some, but personally I don’t want to have my personal recordings intermingled with work related recordings.
- Open Planet Software Limited
- 7.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Open Planet Software Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.