Juxtaposer lets you combine multiple pictures into creative and fun photomontages quickly and easily thanks to its intuitive and responsive user interface.
Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Remix your pets into a mythical creature, swap a statue's head with your friend's, or combine photos into surreal and beautiful works of art. Juxtaposer has the power and features of a professional creative tool, but is simple to use and just as importantly, it's fun!
- Short tutorial videos will turn you into a photomontage artist in no time.
- Your composite images are exported at the full resolution of the background image, even if it's huge (40 MP+)!
- The image adjustment tools let you match your images' color and lighting, and fine-tune the look of your creation.
- Zoom in to work on fine details with pixel-level accuracy.
- Add elements from as many photos as you like to your background image.
- Load photos from your iPhone photo library, or from Facebook, Dropbox, Instagram or Flickr, .
- Share your photomontages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Flickr. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save your cutout images in the Stamp Manager for later use. You can also share these "stamps" with friends or export them as transparent PNGs.
- Undo any edit. Experiment safely, you can always get back to where you started.
- 20 blend modes (like Multiply, Screen and Overlay) let advanced iPhoneographers create unique effects.
- The "red mask" view mode shows you just the top image with the erased parts in red. It is helpful when precisely cutting out an element.
* WhatsOnIphone.com: "The application works incredibly well and makes an otherwise challenging process simple and fun. It blows my mind that you can do such things on an iPhone."
* TUAW: "This $2.99 app is a lot of fun, as well as one of the best-executed compositing tools for a mobile device that I've ever seen."
* IphoneAppReviews: "Pretty much everyone, at some point in time, has had the uncontrollable urge to take a friend’s photo and do something truly evil with it. Juxtaposer is an awesome photo-editing tool that can make that dream a reality!"
- Added new setting for left handed users, to show the brush monitor on the right instead of the left side
- Added support for iOS 12 and the newest iPhones
Ratings and Reviews
The Only Juxtapose App Worth Buying!
I have purchased MANY apps that claim to do what this app does and NO ONE COMES CLOSE to the level of perfection that Juxtaposer reaches.
I spent half of today at the DMV, which was a perfect time to test this app and I am beyond impressed! It’s so simple, yet, it’s also an extremely powerful little photo editing app. I was able to zoom in far enough to erase individual pixels!!! This means the end result comes out flawlessly every time and my finger is all I used! The unerase feature really shines when the background blends with the foreground picture and finding the edges seems near impossible. Just erase the edges of the foreground pic and unerase to paint it back in! I’m not British or even an Anglophile, but I really must say that this app is BRILLIANT!
I only wish it was possible to share the picture of my 7 year old riding a dragonfly (my very 1st project) on this review. It looks like I’ve been doing this for years! My iPhone won’t even zoom into the picture close enough to spot ANY rough edges or editing. Thank you Juxtaposer! You’ve made this Dad look like a pro!
***Special thanks to The AppStore for featuring this app recently...it’s been available for 4 years and without the feature, I would have missed my opportunity to use this amazing app.
Actually, it now has already been over 9 (!) years since Juxtaposer 1.0 was released.
Thanks so much for your detailed and positive review!
Please consider adding these features
First off let me just say that I love this app!!! It’s super easy to use and figure out (mostly). I wish the tutorial went more in depth into what the “change view” does or how the brush tools work with “erase” and “unerase”...had to figure it out on my own but I’m pretty savvy and quick to learn so it wasn’t a big deal for me but someone new to this kind of app may struggle a bit. Also would be nice to have a “redo” button like Adobe PaintCan has in case you undo something only to realize you like it better the way it was before. I would also like to see more selections with the brush tool and even add some different edge textures in addition to sizes and opacity when erasing or unerasing. It would be great to be able to change the size of your canvas too and not be locked in by the size of the background image. I would like to see a 3rd “middle layer” that could be used in case users want to import a solid color background and have the two images middle and top layers emerge out of the background color (or image). I’m sure I’ll find more to write about but these are some of the things I think would greatly improve an already fantastic app. Thanks for making this cool and fun image blending app! Love it! 👨🏼🎨👍🏻💯
If what you want is a simple way to cleanly cut out and collage digital images, this is without question the app you need. When I replaced my iPhone with a non-mac phone a few years back, I searched fanatically for a non-mac app to match the function of Juxtaposer for years, and never found anything even remotely similar. I'm an old school paper and scissors collage artist, and what I want is quite simply a digital analog to those reliable meatspace tools. Juxtaposer is exactly that: a precision pair of digital scissors to "cut out" any image on your device and juxtapose it with any other image on your device...layer upon layer upon layer. Simple, easy, and for me indispensable. I'm currently paying for an iPhone I can't afford for one reason: Juxtaposer.
My single suggestion for improvement (and I’m reaching here) is bring back the app's original icon, the dog headed man; he was far more attractive and appropriate than the current vague collection of shapes. Otherwise the absolute pinnacle of digital collage making apps. Unparalleled & beyond essential.
Thank you so much for your review. That's amazing that you switched back to the iPhone primarily to be able to use Juxtaposer again! Thank you for the icon feedback also.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.