By Jehovah's Witnesses
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
JW Language is an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses to help language learners improve their communication skills in the ministry and at congregation meetings. It includes phrases, pictures, and activities for language learning.
After installing the app, select your primary language and the language you are learning. Choose from the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Mandarin (Simplified), Chinese Cantonese (Traditional), English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Low German, Malay, Myanmar, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
• Receive encouragement to learn new words with featured content and activities
• Access recently viewed categories
• Play phrase audio in any language without downloading (while connected to the Internet)
• Learn useful vocabulary with pictures
• Explore scenes
• Play learning games in any category or collection.
• Words that you get wrong are displayed more often.
• Observe how different words change a sentence to help you understand the grammar and sentence structure of the language you’re learning
• Change words in sentences from singular to plural, future to past tense, and more
What's New in Version 2.6.1
• Search results now include Grammar content and categories
• Bug Fixes
I could give way more than just 5 stars if it were possible. I’m still learning to understand how it works but thanks to it I’ve learned a lot and I have been able to perfect my English and make a faster progress at learning my third language: Korean. Keep using the talents Jehovah has given you for good things as always! May you be blessed and rewarded for all the hard work you do for us. I’m grateful to Jehovah and you all!
Japanese Kanji Turn off?
I am currently learning Japanese and I noticed that while using the app there is no way to view Japanese without the kanji. As a result I have to rely more on my listening skills and my reading skills don’t really get to improve because I can’t read kanji. Is there a way to maybe add a setting to only view Japanese in hiragana and katakana and take out the kanji? It would really help so that I could read the phrases.
Thank you so much
Please add Croatian
This is such an amazing app. I can't wait for Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian to be added as we are serving in a group and this would be an extremely useful tool
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 19, 2017
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 70.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- © 2017 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.