JW LIBRARY SIGN LANGUAGE is an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses. It downloads, organizes, and plays sign-language videos from jw.org, the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Watch the Bible and other video publications in sign language. Download them to your mobile device so that you can watch them when you are not connected to the Internet. Enjoy the colorful images, simple navigation, and easy-to-use controls.
- Simple Navigation. The Bible page lets you watch the New World Translation books that have been released. You can also watch individual verses that have not yet been released as part of the New World Translation but have been signed as part of other publications. The Library page displays other publications and movies that are available on jw.org.
- Quickly Look Up Cited Scriptures. While you are watching a video publication, tap the Bible button. The video pauses while you navigate to the cited Scripture and watch it. Go back to the Library page to resume watching the original video.
- Easily Download Videos. The videos that you have not downloaded appear with dimmed colors. Tap a video to start downloading it from jw.org. Tap the Download All button to download all the videos on the page. Long press (tap and hold) a video to delete it from your device.
- Manage Space. You can choose whether to download larger (higher-quality) or smaller (lower-quality) videos.
- Easy-to-Use Video Player. Use these simple gestures to control the video playback:
-- Two-finger tap: Play or pause the video.
-- Swipe left: Skip to the next marker.
-- Swipe right: Skip to the previous marker.
-- Swipe up: Increase playback speed.
-- Swipe down: Decrease playback speed.
-- Single tap: Show or hide player controls.
Create your own custom playlists
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you so much for the Playlists feature!!!
What an incredible job on adding playlists. Such high quality of design in this app, great job! I’m sure you have these in the works already, 2 killer features to add to the app would be a Meetings tab like is in the purple JW Library app, and the ability to display create custom clips in the playlists (would make it much easier when you just want to show part of a scripture or to replay a certain part). Thank you for all the great features you can continue to give us.
My absolute favorite app! Especially with the addition of multiple sign languages! A must-have for any sign language user or Bible lover! No other organization produces anything even near this quality!
My iPhone (i5) doesn't have as many videos available as my iPad (iPad mini) -not even any 2018 WTs available on iPhone, but no update seems available. Oddly my iPad is much older than my iPhone and has an older OS 9.3.5, but the newer iPhone running the current OS 10.3.3 is the one not showing any updates or newer publications.
Lacking refinement and features.
If switching to another app and then trying to open JW Library again, I consistently see only a black screen and must force quit for it to work properly again. This is the only app out of 65 that I use that I see this problem with.
App still has UI bug that has been present for many months. The pop-up menu at the bottom should disappear after a few seconds or when the video is one-finger tapped, but actually leaves a very visible and distracting grey box.
The custom playlists do not allow for selecting anything other than a full chapter and won’t allow trimming. Also, playlists still do not support importing media. These features were present on third-party apps like Cienega almost 8 years ago.
The songs take an inordinate amount of time to load. The load time is so exaggerated that students often press two or three times because they think the app is not responding. The extra touch inputs then interfere with the correct playback of the songs.
Thank you for endeavoring to fix these issues.
- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- 170 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Amharic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.