JW Library Sign Language
By Jehovah's Witnesses
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JW LIBRARY SIGN LANGUAGE is an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses. It downloads, organizes, and plays sign-language videos from jw.org, the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Watch the Bible and other video publications in sign language. Download them to your mobile device so that you can watch them when you are not connected to the Internet. Enjoy the colorful images, simple navigation, and easy-to-use controls.
- Simple Navigation. The Bible page lets you watch the New World Translation books that have been released. You can also watch individual verses that have not yet been released as part of the New World Translation but have been signed as part of other publications. The Library page displays other publications and movies that are available on jw.org.
- Quickly Look Up Cited Scriptures. While you are watching a video publication, tap the Bible button. The video pauses while you navigate to the cited Scripture and watch it. Go back to the Library page to resume watching the original video.
- Easily Download Videos. The videos that you have not downloaded appear with dimmed colors. Tap a video to start downloading it from jw.org. Tap the Download All button to download all the videos on the page. Long press (tap and hold) a video to delete it from your device.
- Manage Space. You can choose whether to download larger (higher-quality) or smaller (lower-quality) videos.
- Easy-to-Use Video Player. Use these simple gestures to control the video playback:
-- Two-finger tap: Play or pause the video.
-- Swipe left: Skip to the next marker.
-- Swipe right: Skip to the previous marker.
-- Swipe up: Increase playback speed.
-- Swipe down: Decrease playback speed.
-- Single tap: Show or hide player controls.
-- Custom playlists
-- History of recently played videos
-- Support for additional sign languages
What's New in Version 1.2.18
NOTE: Future versions will no longer support iOS 7
Latest issues of The Watchtower and Meeting Workbook
Updated publications: Become Jehovah's Friend, Sing to Jehovah
Great app. Super helpful! Clear bible scriptures.
Great app, but needs a few more things 🙃
TLDR: Playlists, Split view, "Open in...", and all videos plz 😬
Yes, I love this orange app. It is very high-quality, but we need a few changes to improve our ability to study. As it is now, I find it too cumbersome for the number of videos we have to study. We need go back-and-forth between many each week, especially with the introduction of the workbook, but that isn't easy with the orange app.
I now use video playback apps that support Split View instead of the orange app. I can have, for example, the workbook on one side and a related Watchtower on the other. These apps also provide much better control over video playback, which can be hugely important when taking notes or summarizing what is signed in videos.
Other things that would be nice in the orange app 😁
- The ASL videos that are only in the purple app
- More sign languages
- A fast way to get to this week's study videos (Watchtower, etc)
- The PDF of the Workbook.
- A way to separate the Meeting Workbooks just like the Bible so we can easily switch between them and other videos without having to start over.
- Split view/split screen on the iPad
- "Open in..." another app
- Cloud support (iCloud, Dropbox, whatever) so we only have to download once from jw.org and can share among all devices.
(Why "Open in..."? I edit short clips from ASL videos to add annotations/glossing for deaf/HoH students whose families do not know ASL well. Currently, I use a separate app to download videos from jw.org and save to camera roll so that I can use video editing apps with the videos. I want to get those videos from JW Library Sign Language rather than having to download them a second, third, or fourth time :)
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 07, 2017
- Version: 1.2.18
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- © 2017 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.