JW LIBRARY is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It includes multiple Bible translations, as well as books and brochures for Bible study.
• Choose from various Bible translations.
• Compare all available Bible versions by tapping a verse number.
• View the associated material by tapping a footnote marker or reference letter.
• Swipe left or right to quickly navigate your current publication.
• Place bookmarks at any verse or chapter to quickly resume your reading.
• Use the history feature to quickly access recently read content.
• Find words or expressions in your current publication with the search feature.
Fixed several bugs, including some that were causing the app to crash
Ratings and Reviews
This is the best app for Bible study in any of the many available languages. All of the features are useful and there’s hardly anything left to wish for to improve it.
This version is still having issues with a bug where if there is no data connection, a video is played and then paused, pressing play again causes a pop up box to say it needs to be downloaded again. But when cancel is selected instead the video can still be played (it just has to start over completely). In other words “pause” is really “stop.” This makes it frustrating to show someone who then asks a question because the video must be paused to answer it and then restarted. This issue is being had with the iPhone 6s Plus.
Another issue is that when the app is minimized while listening to the music videos the videos are paused rather than continue to play. It would be nice to be able to continue to listen to them while working on other tasks.
Best app ever!
I’m so grateful to Jah for the efforts to corral most of our literature into one convenient app. I haven’t needed to carry a book bag to a meeting in several years. One of the recent updates added the ability to create notes with the app in line with highlighted segments. This has been a blessing in closing an important loop in not needing to go outside the app when I studied for the meetings. My one little quibble is that since the update to support iPhone X the ‘more’ button has become unusable and at best slow when it does respond to taps. All the buttons along the bottom could stand to have some space added to keep them clear of the home-bar UI element to reduce and/or eliminate accidental presses. Another beautiful addition would also be if more colors could be added for highlighting and the ability to underline text. Much love to our brothers & sisters serving as part of the IT teams that help us all to be better equipped in our service to Jehovah!
Thank you for all your hard work brothers!
I love this app so much... It helps me in my everyday life and makes studying easier for me since I use my phone a lot. I love how easy it is to access everything from the menu at the bottom and I’m sure this took you all a while to make so I’m very thankful. I have this little issue but I’m not sure why and it’s that when I highlight the magazine or the book and the Bible or just other publications that you all kindly upload here the magnifying glass doesn’t show up.... I’ve had this issue for a bit now and don’t know how to fix it. The issue doesn’t affect me much but the magnifying glass makes it easier to highlight a certain text. Thank you brothers for all your hard work and I’m sure Jehovah is very happy with you all when he sees all the hard work you all have been doing and still continue to do! Thank you brothers and sisters and have a wonderful day 😊
- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- 110.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Akan, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bemba (Zambia), Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Ewe, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Ganda, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Kikuyu, Kinyarwanda, Kirghiz, Kirundi, Korean, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Morisyen, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.