JW LIBRARY is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It includes multiple Bible translations, as well as books and brochures for Bible study.
• Choose from various Bible translations.
• Compare all available Bible versions by tapping a verse number.
• View the associated material by tapping a footnote marker or reference letter.
• Swipe left or right to quickly navigate your current publication.
• Place bookmarks at any verse or chapter to quickly resume your reading.
• Use the history feature to quickly access recently read content.
• Find words or expressions in your current publication with the search feature.
Improved reliability of updating the catalog of available publications and media
Ratings and Reviews
This is the best app for Bible study in any of the many available languages. All of the features are useful and there’s hardly anything left to wish for to improve it.
This version is still having issues with a bug where if there is no data connection, a video is played and then paused, pressing play again causes a pop up box to say it needs to be downloaded again. But when cancel is selected instead the video can still be played (it just has to start over completely). In other words “pause” is really “stop.” This makes it frustrating to show someone who then asks a question because the video must be paused to answer it and then restarted. This issue is being had with the iPhone 6s Plus.
Another issue is that when the app is minimized while listening to the music videos the videos are paused rather than continue to play. It would be nice to be able to continue to listen to them while working on other tasks.
Thank you for all your hard work brothers!
I love this app so much... It helps me in my everyday life and makes studying easier for me since I use my phone a lot. I love how easy it is to access everything from the menu at the bottom and I’m sure this took you all a while to make so I’m very thankful. I have this little issue but I’m not sure why and it’s that when I highlight the magazine or the book and the Bible or just other publications that you all kindly upload here the magnifying glass doesn’t show up.... I’ve had this issue for a bit now and don’t know how to fix it. The issue doesn’t affect me much but the magnifying glass makes it easier to highlight a certain text. Thank you brothers for all your hard work and I’m sure Jehovah is very happy with you all when he sees all the hard work you all have been doing and still continue to do! Thank you brothers and sisters and have a wonderful day 😊
Small Nice to Haves:
This is the most useful app we have ever had, Thank you Brothers so much for your hard work. I know its with Jehovahs help that this is possible. There are a few small nice to haves for the Windows version we use in the meetings:
-Allow multiple song selection for download, this makes downloading all the songs for the meeting easier. When you attempt download too many at once, by clicking through the list, the app crashes.
- Bug: In the windows version, if you pause the Audio and don’t close the mini-player at the bottom of the screen, when you attempt to play a song, the video doesn’t come up. You have to close the mini player and try again, or close the app and relaunch.
-In the meetings section, please allow an option to enter the opening song for the public talk, instead of searching through media.
-Add an option to upload our own images to display on the second monitors (I’m sure you’ve heard this one already, sorry for the repetition).
**EDIT**-Adding one more request, can you please move the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen up when using an iPad Pro keyboard, it would make it really helpful to type and navigate from publication to publication. Again, thank you so much for your hard work brothers and sisters!!
Again, thank you so much!!
- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- 110.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Akan, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bemba (Zambia), Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Ewe, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Ganda, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Kikuyu, Kinyarwanda, Kirghiz, Kirundi, Korean, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Morisyen, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.