By Dominique Baillot
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"BEST HOUSE TECH GLITCH D&B APP in years!"
The K Machine is an audiovisual instrument, allowing the creation of audiovisual animations based on visual shaders and sequenced audio samples, and designed for musicians, shaders enthusiasts, VJs, and animation lovers in search of a live oriented, open, audiovisual instrument.
▶ A multifunctional tool
The K Machine can be used in different ways:
• As a VJing tool, using an audio input through mic or any other Audiobus compatible App.
• As a sound creation tool, with the default empty shader so you won't be distracted by any visual animation.
• Or in its full potential for true audiovisual composition.
▶ Import your sounds
• K Machine accepts WAV and AIFF formats, 16 bits, 44100 Hz
• Import from iTunes File sharing, Audioshare, Audiopaste or "Open in..." from any app with Export functionality.
▶ Import your visuals
• The initial version of K Machine comes with more than 30 default vertex shaders, and 4 commented shader examples.
• No limitation ! Import your own visuals, with the "Open in.." feature, use any external code editor App with Export functionality to create your own vertex shaders files.
• Shaders format is 100% compatible with shaders from vertexshaderart.com
• A simple line of code allows the creation of up to 8 parameter controllers for each vertex shader.
▶ A flexible tool
• Each loop can have its own BPM.
• Each loop can have its own number of beats.
• Events can be splitted in 1/3, 1/5 1/7 or 1/11 !
▶ Capture videos on the fly
• Simple click on the 'video capture' button starts live video recording of your ongoing session with zero drop in performance.
• Resulting video is automatically recorded in your photo album and can be shared on Facebook, EveryPlay, Youtube...
▶ Project on second screen with invisible UI
Connect your device with HDMI or VGA adapter to display only the visual part of the ongoing animation. Perfect for live session !
▶ Universal app
Buy once and use on your IPad and Iphone devices.
▶ Use with other apps
• Ableton link Ableton link: synchronise with any Ableton link app.
• Audiobus 3.0.3
• Audiobus Remote: control K Machine from another device.
• Audioshare: import edit your own samples with Audioshare.
• Audiopaste and Audiostore: import sample with Audiopaste and/or browse an amazing sample collection through the Audiostore.
See a new online video demo for v 2.0 here: https://vimeo.com/215816844
Full documentation : http://kolargon.com/KMachineV2Doc/KMachineV2Documentation.html
K Machine gives it's full potential with openGL ES 3 capable devices.
The K Machine won't work for the following devices:
iPhone 4s and earlier
iPad 3 and earlier
iPad Mini 1
iPod Touch 5 and earlier
If you like the app, please consider posting a review on the AppStore, this will really help.
Ideas, suggestions are very welcome, do not hesitate to leave your contributions in the comments or even better, at www.kolargon.com.
Please do contact(mail below) to report any bug of any kind on any platform. It will fix it ASAP.
Check/subscribe for more infos, docs and demos:
This app use Superpowered audio sdk.
What's New in Version 2.73
▶ bugs fixes to previous 2.72:
• Fixed: second screen display resolution problem on IOS 11.
• Fixed: soundBuffer sometimes crashing the app when device very low on RAM.
• Audiobus remote control button icons problem fixed.
• Photo Library permission check on startup improved.
▶ 3 small fixes to previous 2.71:
• Fixed: bug when sharing video to Everyplay.
• Fixed: bug on first connection when closing Everyplay panel.
• Fixed: bug on iPhone when clicking on the Everyplay social media.
▶ From 2.62 new features are:
• Audiobus-SDK-3.0.3 integration.
• Audiobus: K Machine can now be used as a filter. The filter only passthrough the input sound, but is useful to add the K Machine as a filter in AUM.
• Audiobus trigger: start/stop and rewind.
• Audiobus State Saving for specific project.
• 4 New sound effects available for each track: gate, delay, limiter, clipper.
• Auto fade in/out to avoid previous sound glitch on tempo change when selected loop change.
• New buffer type: raw sound data, accessible in glsl through ‘soundBuffer’ texture uniform parameter.
• User settings: configurable vertices number up to 1 million points: 3 possible values: 65536, 262144 and 1048576 (These are the maximum particles/vertices number, used when not 'KVerticesNumber' set in the glsl code).
• User settings configurable frequencies buffer width for better precision on frequencies datas.
• User settings configurable size for raw sound data buffer: 3 possible sizes.
• User settings : new transition open GL rendering mode available, "Points" for smoother transition when using large number of vertices.
• New 'loopProgress' glsl uniform parameter, with value 0. (loop start) to 1.(loop end).
• Audiobus Remote integration: K Machine can now be control from the Audiobus remote app, with start/stop playing sequential, start/stop playing record, mute control for each track.
• 25 new vertex shaders files, grouped in the ‘SHADERS_Default_V2_7’ directory.
• 2 new Example shaders files: one for ‘loopProgress’ parameter, and one for ‘soundBuffer’ parameter.
• Smooth project loading and saving.
• Hard reset feature.
• Audio and visual engines optimizations.
• Many bug fixed (Audiobus port visibility, open in in IOS 11...).