K12 Timed Reading Practice
By K12 Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
K12 Timed Reading Practice lets readers in levels K-4 practice fluency by reading short, timed stories. Improving fluency allows readers to read smoothly and quickly so they can focus on comprehension rather than on decoding words.
• More than 250 short, engaging stories for young readers
• A variety of fiction and non-fiction
• 46 Flesch-Kincaid reading levels between 0.0 and 4.7
• Track one reader, multiple readers, or even a whole class
• Track stories read, words per minute, percent above or below average reading rates, and what's next on the reading list
• View recommendations for moving up or down in reading difficulty based on recorded Words per Minute scores
K12 Timed Reading Practice was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts and Phonics curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, email email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
-Fixed the timer
-Added link to new app with comprehension questions
I used K12 Timed Reading practice in the classroom at fluency center. The students loved it and were really motivated to increase their reading speed. I had them write down their WPM on a sticky note and they put it on a chart. I liked how I could put my entire class in roster and I could adjust the passage based on their Reading level.
Stories are fine, but the timer runs about six times faster than it should. This throws off the calculations for the words/minute and you have an extremely disappointed reader who is already not a great reader which is why I bought the app! Please fix your timer.
My daughter was excited to read the passages to try to beat her wpm, but about 4 passages in, the timer started going way too fast. This was very demotivating. I emailed support, so please fix the timer!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 19, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: K12, Inc.
- © 2010 K12 Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.