Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kaleidomatic transforms the simple into something unique and mesmerizing.
With this easy-to-use app, your iOS device becomes an interactive kaleidoscope allowing you to create high-quality images ranging from simple reflections to intricate, infinitely repeatable patterns.
Use Kaleidomatic either as a relaxing toy or as a powerful artistic tool capable of producing high-resolution images and patterns suitable for printing and other professional purposes.
With 12 different kaleidoscope patterns and over 20 diverse and dynamic image filters, the creative possibilities are endless. Both the front- and back-facing cameras are supported, and existing images from your camera roll can also be kaleidoscoped.
Kaleidomatic offers seamless integration with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and a number of other web services.
Symmetry never looked this good!
• Make fascinating patterns out of anything!
• Use intuitive pinch, drag and rotation gestures to manipulate your patterns and watch them evolve in real-time.
• Choose between 12 kaleidoscope patterns of varying complexity.
• Use either the front- or back-facing camera or load images from your camera roll.
• Give the images you create a finishing touch with over 20 diverse and dynamic image filters.
• Save and share your creations in two simple steps.
• Seamless integration with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, Photobucket and Picasa.
• Easily create tileable high-resolution images suitable for printing and other professional purposes.
• Enhance your Kaleidomatic experience by using a projector or other external display.
• In-app help pages.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Instagram integration
• External display support
• Better full screen controls
• Improved pattern fine tuning controls
• Reduced battery usage
• Camera torch support
• Improved image filters
• You can now tap the viewfinder to turn the camera on or off. Use horizontal swipes to switch cameras.
Check out the in-app help pages for more information.
I've been using this app for the past few days, and it just keeps blowing me away. I do a lot of geometric and abstract art and this is the perfect companion. I've been using it to remix old pieces, and its been great for making new ideas. This is a tool that encourages you to experiment with different source material.
There's a help/tutorial when you first start that explains all the functionality, I was creating within a few minutes.. Nothing is hidden away in menus, it's all gesture based and a few on screen controls. And I really like the ability to output a tileable image.
This is a fantastic app. I can't believe how much fun it is to turn your photos into something completely different. Absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try my photos in the app to see what they would look like..download this app. You won't be disappointed, especially if you like creating something new and abstract out of something normal.
I now love this app! The only kaleidoscope app to use. The high res saving option only shows up once you've transferred it to iTunes file sharing. Once you see the high res version you'll realize how fabulous this app is. Totally great for constructing repeats and then printing.
Very cool. Addictive too.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 03, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Per Gantelius
- © 2012 Stuffmatic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.