Kaleidoscope X for iPad
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Kaleidoscope X Pad is an amazing work of interactive art. Also available for iPhone and iPod touch as Kaleidoscope X.
Much more than just a traditional kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope X Pad is a creative tool for producing beautiful images and for stimulating the visual pleasure centers in the human brain.
* Smooth 60 frames-per-second OpenGL rendering.
* Touch and drag to rotate the underlying image 360 degrees or pan along the x-axis, pinch to zoom in or out.
* User-controllable automatic animation of up to three kaleidoscope parameters (rotation, pan, triangle size), and full control of animation speed. Double-tap anywhere but the center of the screen to start or stop the animation.
* Tilt your device to pan the image along the y-axis. (Accelerometer can be turned on or off in case of sensory overload!)
* A collection of rich and unusual preset images to get you started.
* Images can be loaded from your Photo Library.
* A Screenshot Button can be enabled to quickly send your creations to your Photo Library.
* A Variety of kaleidoscope mirror settings, including Mandala Mirror with 4 to 29 symmetrical leaves, Annulus Mirror with concentric rings formed using the Golden Ratio (touch "MANDALA" to toggle), and Square Mirror with 2 or 4 subdivisions (touch "SQUARE" to toggle the subdivisions.)
* Simple and easy to use. Tap once for options.
FEATURES YOU WON’T FIND ANYWHERE ELSE:
* Unique kaleidoscope mirrors, including a “magic” mirror that instantly increases the “trippyness” factor, and a “bent” mirror kind of like those crazy carnival mirrors.
* Double-tap the center of the screen to switch from a full-screen view to a view that looks just like you are peering into the lens of a traditional kaleidoscope!
* The ability to CHANGE THE COLOR of any image. Colors not saturated enough in that photo of your cat? Tap “Randomize Color” and watch what happens. Tap again, and the colors will be TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Of course, you can restore the colors of the original image at any time.
* And the most amazing and unique feature of all: an IMAGE SYNTHESIZER. That’s right, Kaleidoscope X Pad can create beautiful images especially designed for your kaleidoscope--on the fly! A different one every time you tap the button. Ten different algorithms, including “Color Wheel Mosaic” and “St. Elmo's Plasma”, will delight you with virtually infinite possibilities. You will definitely want to show these to your friends and family.
We really hope you enjoy Kaleidoscope X Pad. We had a lot of fun making it. Any and all feedback is welcome: write to us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Fixed an issue in iOS 6 when capturing screenshots to the Camera Roll/Photo Library.
IMPROVE FOR 5 STARS
Its a kaleidoscope worth buying but with a few adjustments it would be excellent. 1) When you change photos you have to start at the beginning of the selection process EACH TIME. Fix it so we start where we left off from last time. 2) Allow the user to assign a folder of photos just for Kaleidoscope X to cycle through. 3) Give the user 20 preset photos to choose quickly. If the developer makes these additions you could quadruple the price and it would sell.
The best one yet!
This is freaking AWESOME!!! This the best kaleidoscope app I've seen yet, and I'm just dying for someone to implement a video capture function, using photos, the existing presets and/or the iPad's onboard camera (video function included).
This could be extra awesome if the developer would implement these features, as well as a way to export the video caps to iTunes for use in other applications, or save it to the camera roll.
It would also be great if we could save our own presets, including the app remembering the photos used from the camera roll.
As a videographer, the possibility of adding these features have got me salivating enough that I would pay more than 99¢ for it!
If an update includes these features, I will award this app an extra honorary star for a total of six!
Finally found something I dislike about this app. 1024 x768 is not considered high resolution nowadays. While it is nice that you included a screen capture button, the iPad's onboard screen capture saves the images in much higher resolution. 2048 x 1536 as opposed to the small screen cap size of the button the developer included. I think this should be addressed and fixed in the next update. Tempted to take a half star off for this, but I won't, because I believe this has so much potential.
Dazzling for all ages❣️
I have loved Kaleidoscopes from childhood! They are a wonderful, magical mystery! This one is perfect with excitement & charm for all. Please update this one so we don't lose it. The rich colors & non ending designs are not to be lost. Thank you!