Each kanji represents an idea, and the best way to memorize it is visualizing an image associated with it. And this is exactly what Kanji Pic does!
For each kanji there is an illustration that will help you remember it.
Natives learn kanji by writing it over and over again. And you can do just that with Kanji Pic's writing quiz.
As most Japanese words are formed by combining two or more kanji, the best way to learn more words is by knowing the kanji that forms it. Starting with simple kanji and gradually moving on to more complex ones.
Kanji Pic provides a list of the most commonly used words along with the English translation.
Details for each kanji include:
- An illustration that represents the meaning and also containing the most important strokes of the kanji.
- An explanation about the order and direction of each stroke.
- The most commonly used words that are formed by combining the selected kanji.
- Example phrases.
- All words and phrases have corresponding readings by native speakers.
- Writing in kanji, HIRAGANA, ROMAJI and English.
Key features of Kanji Pic:
- Beautiful yet useful illustrations for all kanji.
- Test yourself by drawing the kanji with your finger (or stylus).
- The example words provided for each kanji are all commonly used in Japan.
- Tap on any word or phrase to listen to the native speaker readings.
- Free content will be added to each lesson until the topic is complete.
- Quizzes for reading or writing.
- Modern interface, with several cards that you can swipe sideways to hide, or vertically to navigate.
The pricing/cost of each lesson will slightly increase as more and more kanji is added to it. But of course the updates are free! So if you bought a lesson that currently contains 10 kanji, all the kanji that will be added later on will be free of charge!
So we advise getting all the lessons now while the price is really cheap.
We believe we did a great job with Kanji Pic and that it truly is the best and most fun way to study kanji.
And we hope you enjoy it!
New lesson: Adjectives
Ratings and Reviews
Well designed, nice illustrations, highly intuitive. I think this is the best Kanji app in the market!
Really love this app! I hope it expands it's amount of kanji.
Not much for your money
This looks like Oktoid's other app, Kanji Draw. They are well designed and fun to play, but there aren't very many kanji offered.
- Mio Hamano
- 64.5 MB
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 YellowApp
- In-App Purchases
- Actions Lesson $0.99
- Nature Lesson $0.99
- Objects Lesson $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.