Kanji Solitaire makes learning to read characters a game!
Find words, use all the cards, and clear each puzzle. Touch or slide the first kanji of a suspected word, and available moves will highlight. Choose a second kanji to complete a word. Repeat this process until you complete the puzzle.
Each level adds approximately 100 additional kanji characters to the deck.
* Encourage verbal skills with pronunciation audio
* Practice reading whole words using kanji characters
* Improve understanding with simple definitions
* Study nearly 9000 words without flashcards
* Compete with your friends on the leaderboard
Fixes for iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
The paid version crashes!
The lite version worked great, so I decided to pay to get rid of the advertisements. But the paid version very often crashes when moving to the next set of characters. :-(
Also, although the idea of this game is really nice, many of the words selected from the EDICT dictionary are not very commonly used ones. My suggestion to the author of this software would be to exclude words without any sample sentences… as per "imiwa".
Good, but not highly engaging
With little but what you already know to go on, it's a lot like dull flash cards. I don't mean to make it sound awful, since any way to make memorizing Kanji less tedious can really help.
Just, while I enjoy this it feels like the only in-game guidance is being punished when you make a mistake. Getting it right should feel better.
Keeps the brain thinking. Recommended for any Japanese major student. Voice feedback on correct kanji match is a nice feature. This app is worth the money. Hours of challenging fun!
- 31.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012-2018 Exsulto Corporation
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.