Kanji Teacher - Learn Japanese
By Christian Rusche
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
R.: »The best kanji app available.«
B.: »Carefully crafted App. Very nice done.«
K.: »A blessing to those wanting to master Japanese reading and writing.«
F.: »I tried many similar apps in the past. This is by far the best!«
F. P.: »Have been looking for something like this for a very long time and it is perfect. You can train every possible way, including writing.«
Kanji Teacher is free. There's no advertising and no in-app purchases are necessary – it's just free, pure and simple.
Kanji Teacher knows not only all the 2,136 jōyō kanjis and their readings, but also the 8,000 most common Japanese words and how to pronounce them. This unique combination enables you to learn the Kun- and On-readings of the kanjis and apply and test what you have learnt straight away: both how to read a word and how to write a word you know.
Kanji Teacher has more features you'll love:
○ Practise your writing with Kanji Teacher! Every stroke is analysed: do the position, direction and order match up with the correct way of writing? Kanji Teacher helps you out with hints to begin with, but as you progress further you’ll be on your own.
○ Kanji Teacher is also a Kana teacher: learn how to read and write Hiragana and Katakana.
○ Kanji Teacher uses multiple choice so you can be sure that you really do know the answer. And it also compiles the possible answers intelligently, ensuring that they all make sense and are similar to the correct answer, because Kanji Teacher is a teacher after all – it's strict, but this helps you learn more quickly.
○ Kanji Teacher uses a Leitner system so you can learn easy kanjis quickly and focus on the more difficult ones.
○ Kanjis can be grouped by JLPT level and school year and, most importantly, you can switch between both views without losing what you have already done.
○ You can choose the correct answer, check it and move on to the next question with just one touch of the screen, which speeds up your learning and progress.
What's New in Version 9.0
○ Adjustment made to iPhone X screen
○ Recommended Learning: The 20 Kanas and Kanjis (can be changed with the switch at the top left) that are to be learned next are always shown in a new tab in the main screen. A Kanji or Kana in Recommended Learning is replaced with a new one when all associated tests are green.
○ Own translations: Each Kanji can now be translated by the user themselves in their own native language, for example.
○ Markings: Hiragana and Katakana can now be marked with a star.
○ Writing restructured:
- Strokes can be deleted in order to rewrite a character for a second time
- The accuracy of the whole Kanji is displayed – and also evaluated, depending on the settings
- New logic for detecting incorrect order and direction
- Reason for the error is shown as code
○ Import, export and reset functions: All data or parts thereof can now be exported and imported.
○ New settings:
- How long is the answer shown after releasing the button?
- Should the Kanji pattern be shown following an error?
- How many Kanas and Kanjis are in the Recommended Learning list?
- What is the tolerance for correct writing of each stroke and for the whole Kanji?
○ Now with manual (PDF and e-book): Can be called up under Settings -> Info -> Manual
○ Bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 29.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Rusche
- © 2017 Christian Rusche
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.