Connect to The Kansas City Star newspaper’s app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from the Kansas City metro area, including community information for Lee’s Summit, Independence, Blue Springs, Belton, Parkville, Gladstone, Liberty, Grandview, Overland Park, Olathe, Lenexa and Prairie Village. The Kansas City Star report on the local topics you care about, including local weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Kansas City metro area.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The Kansas City Star opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Kansas City Star app comes with complimentary web access to The Kansas City Star site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first two weeks free. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The Kansas City Star app, eEdition and The Kansas City Star website.
Your credit card will not be charged until after the two-week free trial.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.kansascity.com/site-services/legal/terms-of-service/
We fixed some bugs that prevented embedded videos and photos from displaying in certain stories.
Ratings and Reviews
The star is a must
It may sound like an over exaggeration but the star has the juiciest true stories, about common city folk, I’ve ever read. I purposefully read for 2 hours a day from about 24 different sources. But no news keeps my eyes wide open, and my mouth hanging open in shock, quite like the star.
Not sure if the star app is for you? Well, do you desire to read an article about a contractors services being rejected , so he threw hammer at the home owner that rejected him? Look no further than the star. Would you like to see an article that does a play by play, every single step of the way, about a car wreck? The star is here for you. Do you want to know about crappy city officials that are up to no good? Don’t worry, the star has all the details including every single f’ up that city official has ever done, and how much it cost tax payers.
My friends, You don’t get just one juicy article a day about the city. Instead you get a brand new list, full of stories, every single day with the star app.
In summary, I am addicted to the star. You should be too.
Always Surprised 🤗
Living in Columbia, MO, a Blue island in a Red state, I am always encouraged with the Star and it’s thoughtful coverage of two red states. It gives me hope that we can overcome the White nationalist leanings of our current President. As a former history teacher, the Trump lies and fear mongering mimic the propaganda of the Nazi regime of another Dictator, Adolph Hitler.
I never understood why the German people fell so easily for the same lies and twisted ideas espoused by the Nazi Party and leaders.
I know now.
The Star must continue to print the truth. Do not let fear and lies overcome our country. Many have said this election may be the most important in our lives. I believe it will be.
I realize hard copy newspapers have been replaced by e-versions for mainstream readership, but this e-version/app is awful. The Star no longer provides anywhere near the same amount of info or stories that previously appeared on a common basis in the print version (which in itself is also underwhelming). The majority of news are feature stories and very seldom is their current, up-to-date information or stories. It’s difficult to find specific information or topics, particularly in the sports section. I now leverage the St. Louis Tribune app more frequently to find information, which is disheartening.
- McClatchy Interactive
- 64.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 The Kansas City Star and KansasCity.com. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $12.99
- Annual Subscription $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.