Over 700 terms commonly used by real estate professionals are defined and categorized in this handy mobile reference and flashcard application. Kaplan's Real Estate Terms for real estate professionals is designed to help you learn important terms you will need in both the workplace and for licensure exams. With this application you can quickly scroll through terms to find a definition, use the search feature, or study and test your knowledge with flashcards.
Kaplan Real Estate Terms includes an alphabetical listing of all terms for ready reference. Study sets are grouped into twenty-three categories:
- General Real Estate Terms
- Introduction to the Real Estate Business
- Real Property and the Law
- Fair Housing
- Interests in Real Estate
- Forms of Real Estate Ownership
- Land Description
- Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
- Real Estate Contracts
- Transfer of Title
- Title Records
- Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Property Management
- Real Estate Agency
- Land-Use Controls and Property Development
- Client Representation Agreements
- Environmental Issues and the Real Estate Transaction
- Closing the Real Estate Transaction
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Government Involvement in Real Estate Financing
- Investing in Real Estate
The Real Estate Terms App is designed as a mobile reference and learning tool. The application works in two modes; Reference and Flashcards.
Reference mode includes the ability to:
- Scroll alphabetically through the terms and quickly jump to a letter with an A-to-Z side panel
- Search for a specific term including terms within a definition
- Easy text scrolling makes learning complex information more manageable
- Try Landscape view if you prefer to view definitions that way -- just turn your device sideways
Flashcards give you the ability to choose from four study modes:
- Adaptive mode iteratively passes through cards, focusing on those items that need the most work
- Quickly evaluate your progress in the Self-Test Quiz mode
- Flashcard Boxes mode lets you file cards in “Unknown”, “Known” or Mastered” boxes so you can target weak areas
- Turn study time into play time with the concentration-style Matching mode
Have a question or would like to share your feedback, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy using Kaplan's Real Estate Terms App!
* Real Estate Terms is designed to be used for self study and test preparation purposes only. The publisher is not responsible for use of this application in any manner other than its intended purpose as a study guide.
Fixes for iOS 8
Ratings and Reviews
Sufficient and helpful
I have only done two area of the flash cards. I like how it will shuffle the cards based on if you knew them or not so you don't just remember the order of the answers. it has an honor system of whether you knew what the answer was. I do have a problem with at least one of the definitions, and will let Kaplan know, as it was misleading and vague. But other than that it is simple but effective, and it seems like it will help prep for the principles test I need to take.
Great for studying
I don't have time to make flash cards in class. I like having access to the glossary terms it will be beneficial once I start my career in RE. To make this app better I suggest adding a feature where you can select your favorite terms so you can just study those. And creating custom ones that weren't found in the terms.
Content good, tech part needs help
Love the crosswords -- the content is great. For some reason it's difficult to get the "percentage complete" numbers to increase without making the boxes small and hitting restart.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.