Kaplan University for iPad
By Kaplan Higher Education
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kaplan University's online students already enjoy the convenience and mobility that comes with studying online. The KU Campus app takes this a step further by making most of the features of the standard student portal, KU Campus, available on the iPad.* Participate in class discussions, keep track of your documents and financial aid, view alerts, announcements, grades, credits, course content, account information, and much more. This is part of our continuous mission to remain innovative and accessible, as we focus on helping our students succeed.
- Grades and Credits: View your final grades and credits for each course, as well as your cumulative credits and GPA.
- Course information: Swipe through your courses and in the "Class Home" you will find information such as: syllabus, course materials, unit information and links, activities, and discussion boards.*
- Discussion Boards: Join the conversation on the discussion boards as you participate in interactive discussions with your professors and classmates as part of your learning experience.*
- Alerts: View your notifications, alerts, and appointments in the message center. Swipe through to view the next message, or sort through your messages using the tabs.
- Contact information: Telephone and email information for Technical Support, Financial Aid, and Academic Advising are just a click away. Touch the "i" for "information" on the top right.
- Connect with your classmates: Also under the "i" menu, find links to Kaplan University's social networks. Join us on Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube to connect with your classmates and other students and alumni.
- Update your student profile: Select "My Account" and then "My Information" to view and update your telephone number(s), primary address and shipping address.
- Financial Aid information: Under "My Account" you can view your charges, payments and balance by course and term. You can also view a summary of your financial aid or scholarship information including the amounts scheduled and received. Stay on top of your account with this important information at your fingertips.
- Document management: Under "My Accounts," you can view your submitted documents, when they were requested and when they are due.
* These features may not be available for every course. This app is intended to be a companion, not a replacement, for your standard web browser. We are working on supporting these additional features and courses in future releases.
What's New in Version 3.05
Fixes intermittent display issues
I downloaded the app on my Educational Advisors advice and have had nothing but issues with it from day one. In the 6 weeks since I downloaded it, it's worked maybe twice. I even deleted it and reinstalled it thinking that that would help, but alas, I was wrong. When opened it immedietely accepts my login info but then just says loading. Left unsupervised it will continie to say loading until your battery dies. As an online school, Kaplan has dropped the ball here on making sure that there students are able to stay constantly connected to their schoolwork no matter where they are. Especially as you not only have to pay an electronics fee, but tech issues are not constituted as a reason for not handing in an assignment and thus you'll fail. They need to fix this ASAP!!
Can't give lower than 1 Star
The app was working great. I was able to access my classes, read assignments, and post discussions. Just recently it stopped letting me log in. When I try to log in, it just goes back to my iPad home screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but it keeps doing the same thing. Guess I've got to go back to using a laptop again. It seems Kaplan isn't interested in keeping up with technology and ensuring those of us using devices like an iPad can easily access our classes and get some work done when on the go.
One other serious problem: you would think that they would make accessing the digital textbook a standard option, but you can't. What is the point!?
I was super excited when I found that Kaplan had an app for its classes. It worked absolutely great for my first term: I was able to check my classes, read and post discussion board posts; it was awesome that I could do my class work on the go without lugging a huge laptop around. BUT for some reason it has yet to work for me at all this term (I'm in my 8th week now) and I have been highly disappointed in it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but this has not worked. For an online school to have an app that doesn't work is not good. Please get this fixed ASAP!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 16, 2013
- Version: 3.05
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kaplan Higher Education
- © Kaplan Higher Education 2011-2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.