Kaplan University for iPad
By Kaplan Higher Education
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kaplan University's online students already enjoy the convenience and mobility that comes with studying online. The KU Campus app takes this a step further by making most of the features of the standard student portal, KU Campus, available on the iPad.* Participate in class discussions, keep track of your documents and financial aid, view alerts, announcements, grades, credits, course content, account information, and much more. This is part of our continuous mission to remain innovative and accessible, as we focus on helping our students succeed.
- Grades and Credits: View your final grades and credits for each course, as well as your cumulative credits and GPA.
- Course information: Swipe through your courses and in the "Class Home" you will find information such as: syllabus, course materials, unit information and links, activities, and discussion boards.*
- Discussion Boards: Join the conversation on the discussion boards as you participate in interactive discussions with your professors and classmates as part of your learning experience.*
- Alerts: View your notifications, alerts, and appointments in the message center. Swipe through to view the next message, or sort through your messages using the tabs.
- Contact information: Telephone and email information for Technical Support, Financial Aid, and Academic Advising are just a click away. Touch the "i" for "information" on the top right.
- Connect with your classmates: Also under the "i" menu, find links to Kaplan University's social networks. Join us on Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube to connect with your classmates and other students and alumni.
- Update your student profile: Select "My Account" and then "My Information" to view and update your telephone number(s), primary address and shipping address.
- Financial Aid information: Under "My Account" you can view your charges, payments and balance by course and term. You can also view a summary of your financial aid or scholarship information including the amounts scheduled and received. Stay on top of your account with this important information at your fingertips.
- Document management: Under "My Accounts," you can view your submitted documents, when they were requested and when they are due.
* These features may not be available for every course. This app is intended to be a companion, not a replacement, for your standard web browser. We are working on supporting these additional features and courses in future releases.
What's New in Version 3.05
Fixes intermittent display issues
I downloaded the app on my Educational Advisors advice and have had nothing but issues with it from day one. In the 6 weeks since I downloaded it, it's worked maybe twice. I even deleted it and reinstalled it thinking that that would help, but alas, I was wrong. When opened it immedietely accepts my login info but then just says loading. Left unsupervised it will continie to say loading until your battery dies. As an online school, Kaplan has dropped the ball here on making sure that there students are able to stay constantly connected to their schoolwork no matter where they are. Especially as you not only have to pay an electronics fee, but tech issues are not constituted as a reason for not handing in an assignment and thus you'll fail. They need to fix this ASAP!!
For a college to have an app it sure wasn't part of their plan to actually make it 110% useful. I see my classes, I can write my discussion posts, introductions, etc. but cannot get to my seminar which I would love to be able to do. If you have so much money to make an app then get it scripted with flash player and java. I would like to be able to do home work or at least look at what I need to get done if I haven't already. Be able to take a quiz etc. Please upgrade app so it can actually be fully useful.
For the people having trouble with it constantly loading, don't worry, once it loads, its still crap. I got it for my I phone, so I could check things on the go. It loads VERY slow, even on a wifi network. Then once your in, you can basically just check your grades, theres not much else you can do with it. Its nothing like its preview pictures that make it look so useful. Don't waste your time downloading this one till Kaplan gets it right. Shame for a University, perhaps they should hire someone from a community college to program it for them, very disappointing.