Kardnote aims to provide a daily note-taking tool with the power of Markdown. However, Markdown is optional here. Kardnote has an intuitive rich text editing mode. In this mode, you even don't need to know what is Markdown.
### The balance of simple and powerful ###
* Switching editor mode between Markdown or an intuitive rich content editor, without losing your formatting.
* 100% compatible with CommonMark syntax
* Organise your notes in cards
* Sorting in custom, colour, tags or time order
* Searching in keyword, colour or tags
* Multiple Notebooks management
* 6 beautiful default editor Theme and fully customisable.
* Export to PDF, HTML, RTF, Markdown together with images, or post to Email.
* System global shortcut for quickly creating the note
* System status menu to view recently updated note list
* Customisable library save location
A well designed software to save your time and make you fully enjoy the writing experience.
Visit our website at http://www.kardnote.com. Get in touch, I’d love to hear from you.
Fix remove notebook not update recent list.
Ratings and Reviews
Things to Praise & Things to request
After an earlier post of mine that noted the app crashes frequently, the developers have fixed it. Thanks to them.
There are a lot of things to like in Kardnote
* Foremost for me is the ability to customize themes for both the editor and the preview/export to pdf and html.
* The editor font size is customizable as well as the line spacing in the editor (not all markdown apps have this)
* The card interface is innovative in that it gives you an overview of your files in the the notebook at a glance
* Browse all versions of a file is very helpful
* Task lists as well are useful
* Notebooks allows for grouping of files as you might wish
* Attractive interface
Things to request
* highlight syntax
* comment (hidden) syntax
* TOC function
* shortcut assignment via Apple keyboard prefs: PDF is same for Save As and Preview. Change in order to customize
This app will likely become my go to markdown editor.
Really intriguing, capable visual notes app
Interesting and powerful notes app that encapsulates images, and outputs to Markdown, PDF, HTML or RTF. When writing it offers options like typewriter scrolling (which can also keep your typing centerd if you like) and a focus mode where the app will offer a slight highlight to the what you’re writing and the lines above and below it.
I did encounter a freeze while playing around with making custom themes and had to force-quit. Otherwise no problems.
Was broken → Now seems fixed
Version 1.0.5 seems to have fixed the card opening issue which made the app unusable.
I like the concept implied by the screenshots.
Will have to test stability before giving it a higher star rating
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.