Get Arkansas weather information from KATV Channel 7 and Arkansas’ Most Experienced Weather Team! Led by Chief Meteorologist Ned Perme, our team of meteorologists is dedicated to providing critical, up-to-date severe weather information and the most accurate forecasts. KATV Channel 7 has been the number one weather provider in Arkansas for decades.
The KATV Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* Choose between a Dark, Satellite or Light base map
* Next to the play button, toggle to view the timeline for past only, future only and combined past and future
* Press the 3 dots to access map layers options
* Press and hold on any Weather Condition, Storm Symbol or Alert and drag it into the Quick Pick area to quickly change weather layers without accessing all map layers options
* White eyeball added to Edit Locations screen to allow for simple location change
Ratings and Reviews
Dec ‘17 update takes three step backwards
For an APP that’s used (especially) in cases of severe weather and warnings- look for one that is more streamlined and with more immediate access.
Have used and depended on this app on both an iPad and iPhones for several years until this most recent update. The forecasts are reliable and as accurate as current science allows, however the presentation in this upgrade render it too fraught with inconvenience for the time spent to open and load.
* For mobile use and cellular data, the additional video feed load is superfluous and should be an optional item. Arkansas is a rural state with peaks and valleys and is oftentimes spotty between towers even on the interstates. For commuters having to travel in less populated areas, checking the forecast right before going off-grid now requires forethought and cannot be left to the last minute.
** Even on fiber optic high speed it takes longer to load for home use— going to the website has been quicker.
*** the cloud background behind the forecast renders white text illegible. NOTE: this has been fixed in more recent updates.
**** too many advertisers per screen, I would pay for this APP if there were NO sponsors and it were streamlined.
Decent app BUT...
The intensely annoying problem with this app is that it makes you wait approximately 8 seconds looking at the splash/logo screen before it opens. The wait time goes down to 5 seconds if the app is already in memory. It is a relatively small app at 40mb, so the long wait times are by design.
The irony is this “feature” exists in an area with more than its share of turbulent weather where every second counts.
It has decent layout and content once you finally get to it.
I deleted this app in favor of a more responsive solution.
The app has much improved. The background is darker and you can read text now. Map/radar working. Weather report videos plays. And it’s been accurate temps, etc. I’d give 5 stars, but it takes a bit to load. That’s it. All the reviews look old and wanted to say try it again!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.