The KCBD Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* updated resources
Ratings and Reviews
Less than mediocre; Better “free” apps than this
I’ve given this app plenty of chances but I’m done. The ads are way to intrusive and overwhelming. There are much better “free” weather apps that while still have ads, don’t shove them in your face and hinder the overall experience. In addition many of these other apps offer the option to pay a one time fee to remove the ads. Furthermore, the app is never updated and formatted for newer devices. The iPhone X has been out for almost a year and this app is still not formatted for the display. Considering that the app still hasn’t been formatted for the the iPhone 6 Plus, which is a 3 year old device (and no, stretching the app just just go fit the screen does not count as formatting it), I don’t have much hope that it will be updated for newer devices anytime soon. KCBD, if any of your app developers look at this, major changes need to be made. If you’re motto really is “Coverage you can count on”, then you should probably make services such as your mobile news and weather applications fit within that motto.
I’ve replaced my Weather Channel app I’ve used for several years with this one. I’ll agree with some of the other reviewers who do not like the amount of ads. I’m willing to pay a reasonable price ($2) for an ad-free version if it were available.
Ok app, but ads are WAY too intrusive!!!
This app used to be one of my favorites. But I don’t like the layout, and worst of all, it’s unusable in a quiet environment because loud annoying videos start playing at random!!! MUTE THE ADS so I can use it when I want!!!
- Raycom Media, Inc
- 40.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.