KCCI 8 News - Des Moines Breaking news and weather from Storm Team 8
By Hearst Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take the KCCI 8 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Des Moines and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the KCCI 8 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Des Moines breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our KCCI 8 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to comment on stories that matter to you, and share them via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Des Moines weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Des Moines weather alerts and updates, Storm Team 8 weather videocasts and more
What's New in Version 4.9.5
Updated service for breaking news push notifications, if you wish to continue receiving push notifications please download this update.
Constant Annoyance When Opening
iPhone 6 with iOS 8.2, and the same irritation from the October '14 update continues. Every time I open the app -- EVERY TIME -- there is an annoying prompt to turn on location services. I always keep location services off. I switch this app to never have access to my location, but the problem persists. (It seems that the option of "never" letting the app have access to location is no longer an option, or at least it does not stay that way when selected.) This never happened before the Oct '14 update. Fix please!
Poor spelling and Censorship
They overuse "breaking news" push notifications and now every time they send one out, I get duplicate notifications one right after the other.
Lots of poor spelling in their news stories. When you try and correct them, they remove your comment, yet still don't fix the article.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 4.9.5
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Television
- © 2015, Des Moines Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of KCCI-TV
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.