Save time by managing your King County Library System (KCLS) account on your mobile device. The KCLS app makes it easy to discover and rate titles, place holds, renew items, and find library locations.
• Find items in our collection, using filters to zero-in on what you’re looking for
• Browse bestsellers, new arrivals, and recent reader reviews
• Check title availability and map locations where titles are available now
• Place, suspend, activate, and cancel holds
• Renew items
• Rate and save titles to Shelves
• Find library hours and get directions to the nearest location
Speed improvements and bug fixes.
Resolves an issue where filters might not have worked properly
Ratings and Reviews
Compared to other library app, this one is underwhelming. If you find a book and want to see other books by the same author, you have to back out and search by that author rather than have hyperlinks from the book page. There’s also no predictive text feature, limiting when searching book titles.
It’s glitchy as well. Every time I try to look at my For Later Shelf, it crashes. Just easier to go to the online site and delete the app.
Here's the work flow to find and download an audio book:
1. Open app
2. Sign in
3. Search for audio book
4. Click on the desired result
5. Get transferred to web browser and kcls web page
6. Sign in again
7. Place a hold
When the book becomes available
1. Open app
2. Navigate 3 pages deep to find the available book
3. Click the book to start the download
4. Get transferred to web browser and kcls web page
5. Sign in again
6. The page says "book not available". Ignore that
7. Choose download format
8. Now a button appears to start the download. Click it.
9. Get transferred to the overdrive app
10. Sign in again
11. Finally start the download.
You can do all of this, including signing in 3 times, without ever leaving the Overdrive app. So, I see no point in this library app at all. Just use Overdrive, or log into your account in the web browser.
Developer Response ,
The KCLS app is great for discovering titles. If you're looking specifically for a title that you know you want to read or listed to through OverDrive it is faster to user either the OverDrive or the new Libby app.
The Done and Cancel Button doesn’t work for the Refinements
Reproduce step - 1. Go to the search page to search any keyword;2. Click “Refine” button and get into the refinements page; 3. Select any option from “Availability” drop down widget; 4. Click “Done” or “Cancel” button, you will find that the button doesn’t work.
- BiblioCommons, Inc.
- 7.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © BiblioCommons Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.