KCRW: Where You Are
* Listening powered by Apple Music & Spotify - Connect your Apple Music or Spotify account so you can play and save songs you hear on-air without leaving the app.
* Pause live radio - Life getting in the way? Now you can pause and resume live radio.
* Discover the latest from KCRW - Top tracks, trending stories, and latest episodes are now just a click away with new Music and Podcast discover tabs.
* Custom feed of shows & music - Podcast fans unite! Add your favorite KCRW shows to your custom feed and never miss a new episode
* Be your own DJ - Save and play the songs you hear on-air directly from the KCRW app using Apple Music or Spotify.
* Benefits all around you - Your Fringe Benefits card, interactive map and directory are now on your phone, so you can lose the card and keep the benefits.
Santa Monica based KCRW features an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk, arts and culture programming. KCRW is the National Public Radio (NPR) flagship station for Southern California, reaching a worldwide audience across 220 countries.
* Added support for Chromecast
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work
I love KCRW and love having the convenience of listening whenever I can. I was so excited for the release of the new KCRW app and I was hoping they would fix some of the previous issues, but it looks like they’re still there. Plus, some of the new features don’t work.
The app buffers so much that I miss a lot of information during news segments and when it buffers more than two or three times in a row, it makes me listen to another commercial. And when you receive a call or an alarm goes off, it doesn’t automatically restart (like my other music and podcast apps). Also, I was really excited for the pause and rewind feature (similar to the awesome KPCC app), but it doesn’t work at all and I’m on a brand new iPhone X with fully updated OS.
As a KCRW member, it’s really frustrating to wait for so long for a new app and to have to deal with the same issues as before. Please fix!!!!
All I do: EDIT & UPDATE
Still love everything but when I listen to my favorite DJ, the playlist has been stuck on a playlist from a looooooong time ago. It still plays the “most recent” for example but only ques up and shows the Same playlist over and over.
This app is a must have for music lovers. Esp those who can't get with the "program" I stream music constantly and listen to News first thing in the am. It's critical.
Practical set up and features--find new songs with ❤️ and purchase options. Best DJ's in LA. For real.
I hinge on it's existence!
Never thought to download this while at home in the SoCal area because of the 89.3 radio station but now that I'm abroad the app gives me the sense of never being too far away from home no matter the distance. And that's immensely important since I grew up with KCRW always playing at least low in the background & beginning in middle school & continuing there on afterward fell asleep to it every night while I had my radio on overnight.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.