This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ultimate app from world-renowned KCRW. Now with more listener-friendly features.
* Listen live and on-demand to critically-acclaimed shows like Morning Becomes Eclectic, To the Point, Press Play, Left Right & Center, and many more!
* View real-time track lists and bookmark your favorite songs as our DJs play independent, hand-picked music.
* Find event details on the latest KCRW culture events across Southern California
* Watch live video performances from epic Morning Becomes Eclectic sessions as they occur in real-time.
* Read the latest articles and blog posts from your favorite KCRW DJs, Shows, Producers, and contributors.
KCRW features an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk, arts, and culture programming. KCRW is National Public Radio’s (NPR) flagship station for Southern California, reaching a worldwide audience across 220 countries.
What's New in Version 3.9.12
Added support for Chromecast audio.
KCRW is awesome. This app is not.
Love KCRW and am a sustaining member, but I hate how you have to listen to an ad for KCRW before every stream. Especially since the streams often have to be restarted or seem to buffer more often than expected and then restart on their own. As a member would love an option to skip the adds and have a smoother option experience. Since I was using the app daily this was a constant frustration. Just downloaded Simple Radio to listen to the KCRW channels and it’s light years better in terms of buffering. Just lacks the playlist, but I can deal.
Crashes after update
On iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2, app launches, then crashes, yet remains launched in the background (the app's home screen is visible in the app switcher, but will only crash again when selected).
As it appears I'm the only one to note this issue, I'll wait for the next update. If fixed, I'll change my review. I'm holding off seeking help on their website because they set over 20 cookies including several notoriously intrusive tracking sites. What business does a publicly supported radio station have in helping these outside companies mine your data?
Playlist doesn’t refresh
The music is great and the app is really simple to use. My frustration with it is that the playlist doesn’t refresh correctly. It’s annoying to look and see which song is playing, only to see that the playlist is 30 minutes or more out of date. You have to kill the app and reopen it to show the current track.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 3.9.12
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KCRW FM 89.9 and KCRW.com
- © 2017 KCRW All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.