Keeble is an iOS keyboard that allows users with fine motor-challenges, switch users and users with vision impairments to type in almost any app. The keyboard offers word prediction, timing options, Select on Release, Select on Dwell, auditory feedback and other accessibility features. It also fully supports Switch Control and VoiceOver.
Keeble is currently available in English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Czech and Polish. The keyboard also offers optimized layouts for simplified, advanced and scanning keyboards.
- Prevent accidental selections with Timing options
- Compensate for motor challenges with Select on Release or Select on Dwell
- Use scanning-optimized keyboards with Switch Control: ABC and frequency of use
- Turn on keyboard clicks
- Use spoken cues as you move your finger across the keyboard
- Hear each key, word or sentence you type with Speak as you Type
Self-learning word prediction
- Choose between word completion, next-word prediction or multi-word prediction
- Configure the number of suggestions and suggestion order
- Adjust the size of the prediction bar to your needs
Speed up typing
- Benefit from the phrase bank providing quick access to your iOS keyboard shortcuts
- Use the cursor keys to navigate through text quickly
- Turn Auto-Capitalization and Auto-Spacing ON or OFF
Optimize for different users
- Use with beginning readers and select lowercase key labels, ABC layout and colored vowels
- Customize for adults by allowing access to all characters and selecting QWERTY layout
- Choose from 5 different themes or create a custom theme
- Use Keeble on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Select one of the 11 available languages, including regional keyboard layouts
- Choose your preferred font, including dyslexic and school-friendly fonts
This update contains minor bug fixes.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
The future is accessible
Keeble is a big deal for disabled people like me. I am low vision and physically disabled. I can read and type on both my phone and tablet with greater ease. I am so glad Keeble exists for us.
Hi TalesofNorachu, thank you for sharing about how Keeble helps you and your positive review. We are happy to hear that Keeble makes your life easier. With all of our software, we always place the user at the center and try to create a level playing field. If you ever have questions about Keeble, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be happy to help you out. :-)
Just what my students need!
I work with special needs students who do not always have the motor or visual skills to use the standard iOS keyboard. I have been waiting for Apple to allow for alternative keyboards that worked across all apps on the iPad and the time is finally here! Keeble is customizable to fit the various needs of my students. Some of my favorite features include the high contrast/large font keys (and the customizable colors allow me to find just the right color combinations for each student!),a powerful word prediction bar that can be enlarged, auditory cues at the letter, word and sentence level, and select on release access for those with poor motor skills. Love this app!!!
Pleased to be using Keeble
I like Keeble's word prediction feature and how it is quickly learning my vocabulary. The simpler keyboard layout with a larger font is easier for me to use and as an adult, I appreciate using a gray based theme. Assistiveware's support was very helpful with a suggestion on how to customize Keeble's features to work with my needs. By using Select on Release I have good control deleting a character, and I use additional taps to delete more characters. I like how shortcuts are handled in the default keyboard and look forward to a similar feature in Keeble.
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 231.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 AssistiveWare B.V.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.